Chapter 28

Chris pov...

The next couple of days are flying by... I love every minute of it... In the morning either me or Lana take Oscar to school... Lana even put me on the list of people that can pick Oscar up from school... When she asked me if that was something i would like i felt like my heart would about to burst.  For her to trust me enough to pick up Oscar from school when needed felt to me like a really big deal...

The day after Halloween and Lana went out to lunch with Carly... I hadn't even noticed them changing numbers. Lana had stayed in contact since, and they wanted to get to know each other better over lunch... 

Lana asked if it was okay that she would go out to lunch with my sister... Like she needed my permission... I was more than okay with it and that she didn't need to ask me... I think her getting along with my sister and having support was amazing and knowing my sister she wouldn't pull punches when it came to me... Yes, as a family we are protective of each other, but we would also call each other out if we would think you were full of shit... Knowing that Lana and Carly got along and have fun made me happy... Lana hadn't met many people who she really liked... She told me she tried to connect with the other mothers at Oscars school, but she didn't really feel a connection because they were all so judgmental... The only mom she got along with was one of the other single working mothers whose son had become Oscar's friend...  Oscar had connected with other kids to but their moms well... let's just say they weren't Lana's type of people...

I had laughed so hard when Lana called from the restaurant asking me if i could come pick them up... Carly had picked her up and they drove to the restaurant together, but they had a few to many cocktails so they couldn't drive themselves home... So... I called Ryan and together we went to pick them up laughing on our way there because of how they sounded through the phone... Carly and Lana hugged making both Ryan and i chuckle as they were both clearly drunk... 

Before we had parted ways Carly reminded me about family game night and that i had to bring Lana and Oscar... Apparently, they had talked about this during the pumpkin carving, but Lana confessed she didn't want to bring it up herself incase i didn't want to take her and Oscar so i wouldn't feel obligated... Ryan drove Carly home in their car and i took Lana home with me... I just chuckled as she was rambling about the fun, she had with Carly... She didn't make any sense but i was just so happy she enjoyed herself...

A drunk Lana was a cuddly and even more affectionate Lana... When we came home, she kept hugging me every chance she got... Telling how much she loved me and how much she loved to hug me because i was so warm and comfortable... I had noticed the longer we were together the cuddlier she became... She told me that she just loved it because she never had this before and that if she went overboard to just say so... But God i loved it... I loved cuddling with her... Kissing her...  I love her sweet spontaneous shows of affection... She refused to go to bed so we just relaxed on the couch cuddling

After cuddling with her on the couch for a while she had fallen asleep and i brought her to bed tucking her in before picking Oscar up from school... I just chuckled when she had woken up a few hours later with a hangover and Oscar was utterly confused why mommy was sick... or sleeping during the day...

We had dinner with ma on Wednesday and i just couldn't help but smile at the fact that she got along great with Oscar and Lana to... We played games after dinner and Oscar even asked ma to read him a bedtime story and tuck him in... This made both Lana and ma smile immensely and i had to admit that my heart skipped a beat or two... Seeing ma and Lana laugh and joke together felt amazing it all seems so organic like Lana had been here all along... he seemed like that with everyone she had met until now... Even Scott who stopped by Thursday morning after he had gotten home from a few days in New York... Lana just seemed to enjoy the whole family life just as much as i did...

Scott and Lana made plans to go out for drinks sometimes and he was looking forward to family game night and that she better bring her a game... Scott hadn't met Oscar yet seeing as he was in school but i knew Scott would just love him...  

Oscar had a few friends over on Thursday afternoon after school for a playdate and having the house filled with kids yelling, laughing and running around really made me happy. I love to play games with them... Make them snacks and just watch them run around having fun... The kids didn't seem to care who i was and maybe that is why i just liked it so much... As long as i played with them and gave them snacks they were happy... 

I just loved every minute of the last few days... I was wondering if i should ask Lana to just move in even though we were not that long together... I really didn't see any objections from my side but i didn't know how Lana would think about it... Maybe i was just going to fast... Maybe we should just wait a little longer but the thought of not having her around and not sleeping in the same bed as her at night... It made me sad... 

For now, she had said she would go home on Sunday... Like we had agreed to last weekend but... I dont know... I didn't like it... Maybe i should ask her to stay with her next week... I could understand Oscar wanting more of his stuff and them being in their own house would be more comfortable even though they both looked completely at ease here...  

Was i crazy... I could make the guestroom into Oscar's bedroom... Make an office for Lana out of another guestroom... We could change the house anyway she would like... Her house was not that big... She didn't have an office back home... She just worked in the living room... It was a little downstairs apartment with a little backyard... 

Lana had told me she was saving up for a bigger place and that her little apartment wasn't meant to be a permanent home... She had rented it online without having seen it... She just wanted to get out... She wanted to start over... She made decent money and could afford a place, but she just hadn't got around to it, nor had she found something she liked... She said her plan was to stay where she was for about a year... Safe up... buy a house she really liked, and have it all done the way she liked it buy all new stuff... Just a really fresh start... 

I just wondered if she would be open to have that fresh start with me... Maybe i was just overthinking this... Maybe i was just crazy for wanting her to move in already... But if i knew one thing for sure it's that i wanted to be around them... I love them...