Chapter 44

Chris pov...

Oscar had trouble keeping his eyes open and was sitting on Lana's lap cuddled into her... She was rocking him slowly back and forth deep in her own thoughts and kissing the top of his head over and over again... 

When i went to the toilet Carly ambushed me on the way out and told me Tara had managed to catch Lana alone... She didn't know what was said seeing as Lana had already taken herself out of the situation, but Carly could see that it hadn't been a pleasant conversation... She had promised Carly to talk about it to me later though...

I just wanted to give Lana some time and let her come up with it herself knowing that she sometimes needed to process things herself first... 

I hated this... Tonight, i saw a side of Tara i had never seen before... Or maybe i was just too blind to see it in the past... I kept racking my brain if i had missed signs before... I didn't know what to do about this... When Tara hugged me goodbye, she had whispered in my ear that we had to talk and catch up really soon and it took everything in me to not show my disgust... It made me sick...

What made me even more sick is that Tara slipped through and got to Lana... I was scared of what had happened... I know Lana was strong and could take care of herself but i didn't want her to have to deal with this... I should have protected her better... 

We were now on our way home... Lana had her hand in mine, and she was playing with my fingers as she looked outside into the dark... Oscar was asleep in the car seat... He had fun running around with the other kids and he called me dad... In all my worries i had forgotten... 

The most amazing thing had happened and i forgot... I was so caught up in my worries about what happened between Lana and Tara that i had forgotten...

It hadn't really sunk in yet because of all the other things but what i do remember was the feeling when he called me dad... It felt amazing...

All of a sudden i feel a kiss planted on the back of my hand and when i glance to the side i see Lana is looking at me with a big smile. "I dont have to ask what you are thinking about..." She said smiling and i chuckled. "He called me dad..." I whisper and she chuckles...  

"How did that made you feel?" She asks and i grin... "It feels amazing... I know i am not his dad by blood but i promise you i am going to be the best dad to him that i can be..." I said smiling and Lana smiled back. "I have no doubts about that... Besides it takes more than blood to be a father..." She whispers. "You dont have doubts?" I ask a little surprised. 

"No... not a single one... You are amazing with him, and you will be amazing with him in the future..." She said smiling. I blushed and kissed the back of her hand. 

We arrived home and i carried Oscar inside. "I'll go put him to bed..." I said grinning and Lana nodded. "I will put the dogs in the backyard..." She said smiling and we split up... After i had gotten Oscar into his pjs and tucked in the dogs came running in and jumped on the bed and Oscar woke up a little... "Dad?" He murmured... "Yeah bud?" I said running my hand through his hair... "I love you dad..." He murmured before falling asleep again. I took in a sharp breath as i could feel the tears coming. "Love you to bud..." I said but Oscar was already asleep again...

I smiled as Lana was sitting on the couch and i sat down beside her and wrapped my arm around her and pulled her into me... "Do you want to talk about what happened now? Or do you want to sort it out in your head first..." I whispered and she looked up at me and smiled surprised... 

I chuckled... "Dont think i haven't noticed... that that is your process of dealing with things..." I said smiling and she chuckled... "There is not much to sort out on this one..." She said letting out a sigh... "She doesn't like me..." Lana said and i let out a sigh... "I am so sorry you had to deal with that... She won't be there for Christmas if that is making you feel better..." I said and she nodded... 

"Do you want to tell me what she said?" I ask and she chuckled shaking her head... "Chris is already started at the dinner table with the... I slit your throat gestures..." Lana said and i looked at her shocked... "She did what?!" I say a little loud and Lana sighs... "When i went outside to get some fresh air and to calm myself a bit she came out to..." Lana said standing up and she started to pace up and down... 

"Basically, she accused me of having my hooks in you and having you and your family fooled... That i did that by using my brat of a son...." Lana said using air quotes as she paced up and down the living room... It took everything in me to not explode as i could feel the anger inside me rise...

"That if i didn't end it with you she was going to make my life hell... That she was NOT going to let me have you... and to not get too comfortable because apparently you are biding your time... For what she did not say... That she knows you from when you were kids... and that when she would ask you would dump me in the drop of a hat... She insulted Oscar some more after which she said i had to get out of her family..." Lana said as she stopped pacing... 

"It took fucking everything in me to not drag her right then and there... She can say about me what she wants but the way she talked about Oscar... Saying that i used him to get to you... That i used the whole calling you dad to trick you and your family..." Lana said and i stood up walking over to her and pulling her into my arms. "You know i would never believe her, right? Because i know it is not true..." I whisper but she says nothing... 

"Chris... She scares me... I dont want her around Oscar... I dont trust her..." Lana whispers... "I know she is your friend... I know that she is important to you and i would never tell you to cut contact... But i dont want her around Oscar..." She mumbles as she holds me a bit tighter... Her voice sounds soft but firm...

"Okay..." I whisper and she looks up at me with tears in her eyes... "I am sorry..." She whispers as a tear rolls down her cheek... I bend down and kiss her tears away... 

"You have nothing to be sorry about... I understand and agree... Oscar comes first... Tara is out of line and i already decided to go low contact but for now i want to go no contact... I will call her in a few days and meet up with her and tell her that i dont want her around..." I say letting out a sigh...

"I am sorry... I know she was/is important to you and one of your oldest friends..." Lana says and i shake my head... "I found out some things which have me wondering if she was ever my friend..." I whisper and she looks at me confused and i lift her up and i sit down on the couch pulling her into my lap and tell her everything i had found out over the last 2 weeks... 

She just listens and plays with my hair as i talk... I was scared she would be mad, but she was not... She was understanding about my confusion... About my doubts and hesitations... My mixed feeling about all of this... But i told her that after tonight there were no mixed feelings anymore... I didn't want such a manipulative person in my life... Tara had to go... I was just sad and feeling so betrayed... "I thought she was my friend and that she wanted me to be happy..." I whisper and a tear rolls down my cheek...

"She cups my face and kisses me... "I am so sorry babe..." She whispers and she stands up and holds out her hand for me to take... "Let's go to bed for now and we can talk about it more tomorrow... But we are both tired and need some rest it has been a long and emotional draining day..." Lana says and i smile taking her hand. 

We cuddle up in bed and soon we both drift off asleep...