Chapter 128

Chris pov... 

"Are you really that scared of ma that i need to come with you for this..." Carly said smirking. I chuckled and hung my head. "Yes... I am scared... Me and my big mouth made ma promises without taking my wife into consideration and were i saw i went wrong... Ma said... I hope i can still be included and that Lana just had to speak up earlier..." I said grabbing the steering wheel a bit tighter... 

"That is because neither one of you cut the umbilical cord... You two sometimes have this weird codependent relationship... We were happy to see that she backed off a bit when Lana came in the picture but Lana being pregnant awakened ma i guess..." Carly said and i groaned. "It is time to prioritize Lana and your family's needs over ma's and yours..." Carly murmured and i nodded...  

"I'm just nervous... I am going to have tell her that every promise i made her is not happening... Lana doesn't want her in the delivery room..." I said and i  wanted to say something else, but Carly looked at me shocked... "Christopher Robert Evans please dont tell me that that is one of the things you promised ma...!" She practically yelled and i blushed. 

What else?" She said in a demanding tone... "Staying for a week or more after the birth... Taking her to the gender appointment which we were supped to have had already but Lana was too anxious. So, we moved it... But it is not only about the appointments and stuff... Ma has been touching her belly without asking all the time... Not even acknowledging Lana... She has been vocal about breast feeding or bottle feeding... and God knows what else...." I said letting out a big sigh. 

"Christopheeeer... And you never noticed all of this... God sometimes you are so stupid...! God she must have been miserable... Lana would have kept her mouth shut trying to keep everyone happy... When she finally had enough... You and mom are unbelievable..." Carly said in an angry whine... 

"I know... I fucked up okay...! I am doing everything to make it right... My heart broke... She felt like she felt with her ex... Like she didn't count anymore... I am trying to fix it... But i know ma is not going to be happy and Lana refuses to compromise saying it is too late and ma makes her uncomfortable right now and she needs some weeks of no contact... I did think of my family i want them comfortable... I want Lana to feel comfortable and safe in our home... But can i be a little anxious and sad about the fact that i am going to tell ma... That for now... She is not welcome... Knowing that it is my fault..." I say as my tears start to run down my cheeks...

"It is not all your fault Chris... Ma knows how to play you... To push the right buttons... You never have noticed because you never had a family or people who were important enough to take ma on for... You are her favorite... Her golden boy... and yes, we know she loves us to... But with you it was always... different... She is maybe having trouble that your live is taking a direction were you dont always call her for everything anymore..."  Carly said taking my hand giving it a squeeze smiling at me... "I will have your back Chris... Yours and Lana's..." She says and i smile at her... 

We pull up at ma's house and i take a deep breath before me and Carly and i get out of the car and walk to the door... "Ready?" Carly asks and i nod and knock on the door before walking in...