Chapter 49

Chris pov...

Lana texted me when she had dropped off Oscar at school that she had some errands to run and that she would be back later... I took a script i was send from my office and made my way to the living room and sat down on the couch and started to read... 

I dont know how long it was until i heard the front door open and slam shut... "CHRIS!!!" I heard my mom yell and i was confused. I didn't expect ma... She sounded panicked... I stood up and walked her way and looked at her confused. "I can't get her to calm down... She is in a full-on anxiety attack..." Ma says with worry on her face...  "Who?" I ask her... 

"Lana... She is in the car and..." Ma said but she couldn't finish her sentence and i walked past her to the car... Lana was sitting in the passenger seat breathing heavy... I opened the door and crouched down...

"Lana baby... Breath..." I say and she turns her face towards me... I am shocked as all i see is fear in her eyes... I cupped her face... "Sweetheart breath with me... In... and out... In... and out..." I said breathing calmly... I kept repeating it over and over again until her breathing was steady... I unbuckled her seatbelt and pulled her gently out of the car lifting her up as she was shaking... and i carried her inside... I sat down on the couch with her in my lap and she buried her face in my neck and started crying... 

"What happened...?" I ask ma as Lana was sitting in my lap and i rubbed her back utterly confused as why Lana was in this state... "Tara happened..." Ma said letting out a deep sigh... and i looked at her taking a deep breath to stay calm...

"That woman is losing her damn mind... Threatening to hurt Oscar and Lana..." Ma said and i wrapped my arms a little tighter around Lana pulling her closer as she was still softly sobbing... Her body was limp as her energy must have been drained first from coming down from the adrenaline and then the anxiety attack...

"Lana called me to go shopping with her and we would meet in front of that little coffee shop she loves... You know the one with all the books..." Ma said and i nodded... "Well, when i got there Tara was screaming at Lana in public... in front of the coffee shop... Threatening her and Oscar and yelling all sorts of profanity and accusations at her... I swear Chris that woman is losing her marbles..." Ma said and i sighed... When i looked down Lana was out cold and for a moment i panicked as it looked like she wasn't breathing...  I let out a sigh of relief as she moved a little and i stood up... "Give me a minute..." I whispered and i brought Lana to the bedroom laying her in bed and tucking her in... before walking back to ma...

The next few hours i was on the phone with my lawyers... I wanted to see what my options were to protect Lana and Oscar... Then there was another problem... In about 4 weeks i would go away for 2 months... This would mean Lana and Oscar would be home alone with the dogs... The dogs would not deter Tara... Dodger knew her and would not see her as a threat... So, Bob would not either... I had a security system... But would that be enough? 

My lawyers advised me to make a report with the police... He said if Lana was okay with that, he would arrange for police to come to the house to assure our privacy... I told him in needed to talk with Lana about it first... She was still asleep...

I looked at the time and knowing Oscar had a half day at school and i needed to go get him soon... I put my hands on the counter and took a deep breath... I felt the urge to punch something... But i did not... What if Lana would walk in... I didn't want to scare her... I promised her and myself no aggression... 

"Talk to me sweetheart... Because i can see it is killing you and you need to let it out..." Ma said and i sighed... "How am i going to protect them... All the police can do is take a report... We dont know if this is enough to get a restraining order against Tara... I have to leave in 4 weeks, and they will be here alone... Should i hire security for those 2 months... Get a guard dog... Can't take them with me... Oscar and Lana have settled in... Oscar has school... I can't temporarily uproot his life... Should i move... To a place Tara doesn't know? Both Lana and i love this house and she put so much effort in Oscars room..." I said feeling more desperate and hopeless by the minute... 

"I dont know sweetheart... But you have to talk with Lana about it and decide together..." She said and i nodded... "I know... But for now, i let her sleep... Can you do me a favor though... I dont want to leave her alone but Oscar is getting out of school soon... Could you go pick him up?" I ask her and she nods. 

Ma leaves and i walk into the bedroom and lay down beside Lana... I pull her into my arms, and she automatically cuddles into me. "I am sorry..." She mumbles and when i look down she is awake... "You have nothing to be sorry about sweetheart..." I whisper and she smiles and gives me a kiss... "I just... panicked... It was like my ex was standing in front of me and everything just came back hitting me in the face like a brick... and i just froze..." She whispers and i sigh. 

"I am so sorry baby... I am in contact with my lawyers to get a no contact order... But they dont know if it is possible well have to wait and see..." I whisper and Lana nods... All of a sudden, she sits up... "Oscar... He is off early today..." She says in a panic but i pull her back. "Ma is picking him up..." I say and i can feel her relax... 

"Why is this happening Chris... Am i not allowed to just be happy? " She whispers her voice sounds sad...  "No dont say that baby... You deserve all the happiness in the world... But I dont know baby... I dont know how she got this all in her head... If i knew what i have done to give her these idea's i would not have but i dont know what i have done...  All i can say is i am so sorry for putting you through this..." I whisper feeling helpless

"What?... You are not putting me through this..." She says cupping my face making me look at her before she kisses me again... "Dont blame yourself... Please... I love you..." 

I smiled and kissed her again. "I love you to baby... So much and i promise i will do everything in my power to keep you and Oscar safe..." I say and we hear the front door open and close and little feet running towards the bedroom...

For the first time since she had gotten home, she has a smile on her face when Oscar runs into the bedroom. He jumps on the bed... "Grandma Lisa said you needed a hug mommy..." He said as he cuddled into his mother, and she smiled holding him tight...