Chapter 144

Chris pov...

"Mrs. Evans... She was brought in just a minute ago..." I say to the girl behind the front desk who looks at me frozen and i roll my eyes... "You..." She says pointing at me and i get annoyed. Another nurse walks by... "Excuse me?  Can you help me... My wife Lana Evans... Pregnant and..." I said and she smiled nodding. "Come with me..." She said and i let out a sigh of relief leaving the frozen annoying girl behind. 

"Your wife has been crying nonstop and we can't get her to calm down... She wouldn't let the medics examine her on the scene because of all the photographers..." The nurse says... "Are they both okay?" I ask softly... Scared for the answer... "The doctors are trying to examine her now..." She says and pushes a door open and i i let out a sigh of a relief seeing my crying wife... "I dont know my belly just hurts..." She says to the doctor sobbing... 

"Hey sweetheart..." I say stepping next to her and she looks up and starts crying harder... "I am sorry i should have been more careful..." She says grabbing me and starting to cry harder the doctor looks at me with a pleading look to calm her down... "No sweetheart it is not your fault... Dont cry sweetheart... Can you please let the doctor check our baby..." I ask before kissing her and wiping away her tears... She nods but doesn't let me go... "Please dont leave me... I dont want to be alone..." She says and i smile. "I am not going anywhere sweetheart..." I say back and she finally relaxes a bit... 

The doctors are preparing to putting monitors on her and when they lift her shirt... I have to gather every ounce of self-control to not flip out... The side of her belly going on her hip is turning black and blue... She winces when they move her leg and only then  i see the temporary cast on her ankle... I can feel my blood boil and in order to keep myself calm i promise myself someone will pay for this... 

Then they start to put her on all sorts of machines and all of a sudden, a familiar sound fills the room and the doctor smiles at us... "That is your baby's heartbeat... nice and strong..." The doctor says... and Lana looks at him... "Our baby is, okay?" She whispers and the doctor nods... "I think so but i will make an ultrasound to check for sure..." She says smiling and stands up excusing herself for a minute... 

I take Lana's hand and kiss the back of it with tears in my eyes... "Our baby is okay sweetheart..." I whisper and i scoot myself next to her and she buries her head in my chest... "I was so scared... There were so many... They kept coming closer and closer and i felt a push and all of a sudden i just tripped..." She mumbles with her head still in my chest. 

She felt a push... She was pushed... They pushed her over... A pregnant woman... With no regard what would happen to the baby or to her... I hold her a little tighter but let her go quick because she winces... "Sorry sweetheart i didn't mean to hurt you..." I whisper kissing the top of her head... "It is okay... I dont care about the pain as long as our baby is okay..." She said and i sighed... "No sweetheart it is not okay... You are black and blue and we dont even know what is going on with your ankle..." I say letting out a big sigh... 

The doctor comes back in with the ultrasound machine, and she sets everything up... "I am sorry if this is going to hurt because of the bruising..." The doctor said and Lana shrugged her shoulders. 

I could see the pain on her face, but she toughed it out and our baby... The baby appeared on screen and we both smiled a bit relieved seeing our girl move around. "The baby looks good... But i want to keep you at least over night to monitor you and the baby... And to attend your injuries..." The doctor said and i nodded but Lana said nothing she just stared at the screen... 

"Mrs. Evans?" The doctor said trying to get her attention as she was fixated on the screen... "Our girl is okay...? You are sure...?" Lana whispered. "Yes, the baby looks good..." The doctor said again... "Did you hear that that i wanted to keep you overnight to monitor the baby and attend your injuries...?" The doctor said... She didn't answer just nodded. 

"We will have to take an x-ray from your ankle..." The doctor said and she turned off the monitor ending the ultrasound. "Will that hurt the baby..." Lana murmured and the doctor smiled. "They will protect your baby..." The doctor says and Lana sighs... "I dont think it is broken..." Lana whispers and i sigh... "Sweetheart they need to make sure that your ankle is okay..." I say kissing her temple... 

"Mrs. Evans... I know you had quite the scare and that right now you are super focused on the wellbeing of your little girl... But we need to make sure you are okay to... You are now 30 weeks along and we need to make sure you are fit and as healthy as possible to give birth when the time comes..." The doctor says trying to get her to focus on herself for a moment... 

"Okay..." Lana mumbles and she look absolutely exhausted... The doctor nods and gets up and leaves telling a nurse will come and get Lana for the x-ray... 

"Where is Oscar..." She mumbles and i smile... "He is at the house with Scott... He came over to help me and Ryan with the nursery... He doesn't know you are in the hospital... I didn't want to scare him..." I say and she nods... 

20 minutes later a nurse came, and they took Lana to get her ankle x-rayed... She was scared and i asked if i could come along but i couldn't so i promised to wait for her here and she gave in... IT gave me a moment to call and yell at some people... Someone was going to pay for this... I am not going to let this slide...