Chapter 6

Lana pov.

I had woken up this morning at Oscar staring at me. "Mommy?" He whispered. "Yes baby?" I said pulling him closer and kissing his forehead. "Chris is still sleeping.... He snores a little bit..." Oscar says giggling. I chuckle. 

"Let's let Chris sleep for a bit while we make breakfast... Okay?" I say smiling. "Can we have pancakes...?"  He asks me. "Sure..." I say rolling my eyes. 

Every time we had more time, so mostly on weekends Oscar wanted pancakes. Oscar wriggled his way out of bed and ran to the kitchen. Before i walked out of the bedroom i looked at a sleeping Chris and let out a sigh. I was scared and confused but surprisingly calm. I dont know what it was... His presence calmed me everything about him calmed me. 

The way he handled Oscar... Not dismissing him... The way he listened and not push things... His arms around me holding me felt like a comforting blanket. It was scary how comfortable both me and Oscar where around him and that scared me. 

Oscar didn't even question the fact that he was sleeping in my bed. What if Chris decides that after a few weeks he is done... and Oscar got attached. I know i would survive... Being disappointed in people was nothing new for me... but i had Oscar to think about... I wanted to protect him from that... I walked to the kitchen where Oscar was playing with Dodger and Bob. I smiled as he was having them both sit down and give them paws before giving them cuddles. "Can you put the dogs in the yard for me?" I ask Oscar and he nods and lets them out through the sliding doors before he went to watch Sponge bob... 

I was almost finished when Chris walked into the kitchen. When Oscar saw him... He jumped up and ran towards him jumping in Chris his arms and Chris smiling picking him up. As cute as it was i knew right then and there, we should have a conversation about all this. But for now, just enjoy this i thought to myself. Call me selfish but i wanted to enjoy this happy moment for a little longer... I let the dogs back in and i can't help but notice they are also comfortable with all of this... Everybody is comfortable... It just feels too good to be true...

Chris asked us if we wanted to do something fun... Oscar is all exited and asked me if we could... And with giving Chris an out in the form if he had nothing better to do i agree... After deciding to go for a walk and then watch a movie at his place we ate breakfast.

Oscar was getting ready, and Chris helped me clean up the kitchen. "Chris?... We should talk..." I whisper. He looked at me worried. "Something wrong?" He asks and I shook my head... 

"No... yes...no not wrong but...Chris... Oscar is getting attached... So, i need to know if you are really serious about being in his life.... I know it is not fair of me to ask since you have no obligations to us... but... I can't let you break his little heart for a few weeks of fun. I need you to know he will always be number 1... What if you get sick of playing house... and decide this is not for you... I mean... Oh god why is this so hard..." I say letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Hey... Come here..." He said pulling on my arm and pulling me into him. He wraps his arms around me rubbing my back. "I will never do anything to hurt Oscar... I know he will always be number 1 and i am okay with that. But i like you Lana... and i like Oscar he is a cool kid...." Chris says and I chuckled. 

"I promise that i will not let him fall... Unless he wants me to leave him alone... I know i am not his father but if you let me i am willing to be a positive male figure in his live... Even if we are never more than just friends." He says and i look up at him... "You're not just saying that?" I ask him in small voice. 

He puts his finger under my chin making me look up at him. "I am not just saying that Lana..." He whispers as he hovered his lips over mine and i closed the distance. It was a sweet short kiss, but it sends tingles all through my body.