Chapter 79

Lana pov...

Today is Oscar's birthday... Yesterday he slept over at Carly's so the playground could be installed... Chris went totally overboard and i let him... He was so excited for his first birthday with Oscar... Oscar's theme... Captain America... He and Chris gotten even closer in the time i was gone... And him wanting a Captain America themed birthday party was Oscar's way to say Chris is my hero... Chris had told me that while i was gone Oscar didn't want to sleep in his own bed and slept next to Chris... At first i didn't know whether to smile or cry about that... But now i was just happy that Oscar had someone to rely on when i was not there...

Chris had been on the phone for hours and 2 days ago the suit arrived... Chris told me he had never been this excited to put on the suit... To which i responded that i was excited to... But for a whole different reason... 

The morning is chaos with setting up all the decorations... Food and drinks... Chris had told me there would be some surprises... But he wouldn't tell me what... Little did he know Oscar and i had a surprise for him to... 

It was noon when we had set everything up and we texted Carly that we were ready. She texted back that they would be right there. I smiled when i felt two arms sneak around my waist and a kiss being planted in my neck... "Are you ready for the chaos, sweetheart..." Chris murmured in my ear and i chuckled. "The chaos starts at two... That is the time i put on the invites..." I murmured back and turned around in Chris his grip... I put my arms around his neck and kissed him... "One thing...." I whispered. "What?" Chris said and smiled at me. "Dont you dare take that suit off on your own..." I hummed and Chris smirked... "I wouldn't dare..." He said grinning... "But even if we are too tired... The suit is mine to keep..." He said in a soft seductive tone and i smiled and pulled him in for another kiss... "Good to know..." I murmured when we broke the kiss. 

"Do you need help putting it on..." I say smirking and he chuckles... "I dont think your help is going to be really helpful or it is going to be appropriate to do on a kids party..." He whispers and i whine... "The kids won't notice if we sneak off..." I say pouting... Chris laughs and pulls me closer hugging me... "Just be patient sweetheart... and I'll make it worth your while..." He whispers in my ear and i groan...

"I'll hold you to that... Captain..." I say as i walk away from him and i can hear him groan... I smirk as i walk into the bedroom and not 2 seconds later i hear the bedroom door behind me close and i squeal as Chris picks me up and throws me on the bed. I giggle as he crawls over me and just as he is about to kiss me the doorbell rings... He groans and i laugh. I push him off of me and he drops himself on the bed letting out a massive sigh. "Showtime babe..." I say giving him a quick peck on the lips before getting of the bed. 

Chris follows me to the front door and when we open the door Oscar jumps in my arms. "Happy birthday sweetheart" I squeal holding him tight planting kisses all over his face. I let him go and Chris picks him up and hugging him tight... "Happy birthday buddy... Are you ready for your big surprise?" Chris says and Oscar has a smile from ear to ear as he nods. We greet the rest of the family as they all came with to see Oscar get his big surprise. 

"Okay... Let's go..." Chris says putting him down and we each take one of his hands and walk to the back of the house. "Okay close your eyes..." I say and i smile as he does so but his feet can't stay still due to the excitement for his surprise... "We open the back door and step outside. "Okay on 3 you can open your eyes..." Chris says and he looks at me and i smile back at him...

I look behind were all the rest of the Evans's are standing waiting for Oscar's reaction... "Okay open your eyes sweetheart..." I say kneeling down beside Oscar... 

I smile as he opens his eyes and looks stunned at the playground... Chris gets down beside him on the other side... "AWSOME!!!!" Oscar yells and we all laugh... "Thank you..." He squeals hugging me and then Chris... "Well, what are you waiting for bud... Go test it out..." Chris says smiling and Oscar runs to the playground... I turn to Carly's kids and smile... "Go... I think Oscar would like some company..." I say barely holding it together... "The rest of the kids run off and i finally let the tears come and Chris smiles hugging me. "He is getting so big..." I sigh... "He is not my little boy anymore..." I pout and Chris chuckles. "He will always be your little boy..." Chris says....

"Yeah, just like you are still ma's..." Scott says loudly and Chris looks at him stunned and i burst out laughing... The rest of the family joins me, and Chris just shakes his head laughing...  We watch the kids a little longer before going inside. Chris makes everyone drinks and after hanging out with the family for a bit the first guests start to appear... We invited all his classmates and Oscar greets them all... While Oscar and i greet everyone Chris is changing in the bedroom... But then the doorbell rings and when i open it i am stunned... 

Standing there in full gear are Seb and Mackie fully decked out in their Marvel character gear... "Who are they?" I ask and Oscar has a smile from ear to ear... "Bucky and Falcon!" He squeals. I hear Chris behind me and i turn Oscar around and his smile gets even bigger, and he runs over to Chris jumping in his arms. "Hey soldier..." Chris says smiling in his Steve Rogers voice and i step aside to let Mackie and Seb in. I hug them with tears in my eyes thanking them. "Everything for the little bugger..." Mackie says and Seb nods in agreement. 

When they all 3 walk into the living room were the kids all are the room erupts and the kids are going crazy and all the parents' smile... The guys are in their element... Taking pictures and talking to the kids... Oscar has the biggest smile on his face. 

I have to take a few deep breaths as Chris looks just damn good in the stealth suit... We cut the cake and while everyone has some i go to my office to get Chris his surprise... When i come back into the room i wave over Oscar and gather everyone around us... I whisper in his ear that it is time for Chris his surprise... 

"Dad!" Oscar says all excited and i hand him the gift... Chris looks at us confused and i wave him over and tell him to sit in the chair. "Oscar and i have a surprise for you..." I say and again i am barely holding it together... Lisa, Carly and Shanna smile at me through their own tears while Scott films... 

"Here dad..." Oscar says with a big smile handing Chris a big box which he has wrapped himself. "Thank you, buddy... But it is not my birthday..." Chris says still confused... "Just open it dad..." Oscar says. I smile and Chris opens the box and rummages through it...