Chapter 140

Chris pov...

"What about that one?" Lana says pointing at a nursery set up... "I dont know... White? Really...?" I mumble and she sighs... "Chris... You said no to every nursery set..." Lana says rolling her eyes and i smile as she is getting annoyed and sits down on a chair... "Which one do you want...?" She asks and i point to the princess castle set... "No... Absolutely not... I hate that one..." She says and i pout... "Dont start with me Christopher... I am not in the mood for your pouting... I pointed out 20 sets and you said no to every single one..." She says and i chuckle leaning down and kissing her. 

"Look i agreed with the pink and stuff but i put my foot down with castle furniture..." She says and i smirk... "Okay..." I say and i pull her up as standing up is getting harder... "What about that one with the wood look..." I say and she nods... "Yes, that is the one..." She says and she walks over to it... "Just like that?" I ask and she sighs... "Yes, just like that..." She mumbles... "No, you dont like this one you just agree to get it over with..." I say and she sighs. "Chris for the love of god pick one... I dont care as long as it is not that god awful castle one..." She says on the verge of tears and i am confused... 

"Dont you have fun picking something out?" I whisper and she sighs stepping closer to me and puts her hand on my cheek... "I had fun..." She says looking at her watch... "4 hours ago... Now i am just tired in pain and cranky... I am sorry..." She whispers and i sigh... "Seriously we are here for 4 hours already?" I mumble and she nods... "Chris i just want to sit and eat something... I really like the wood look nursery it goes with everything, and it has everything we need... let's just get that one... So, we can go home and i can put my feet up... Please..." She pleads and i look at her and smile... "You are sure you like it?" I ask and she nods... "It is perfect..." She says taking the car keys from me... "I'll wait in the car..." She mumbles looking at the line in front of the register and i rub her belly give her a kiss and watch her waddle out... 

I sigh feeling stupid for not noticing that we were already here for 4 hours... My phone dings and i smile seeing Lana's name pop up with a text message... "Sorry... I am just really tired, and it is not my day today... But i am really excited picking out a nursery... My body just doesn't let me show it to you..." The text says and i sigh... I look at the register with the long line and the woman arguing with the sales lady... I then look at the door and i turn around and walk out... I dont want to have her sit in the car alone for another hour while she is feeling miserable... 

"That is quick..." She says surprised when i step in the car and i smile take her hand and kiss it... "I will order it online or go back alone... We know what we want and you dont feel good and the line was at least another hour... So, let's just go home..." I say smiling and she gets tears in her eyes... "Thank you..." She whispers... I cup her face and run my thumb over her cheek and i am in shock she is burning up... "Baby you have a fever..." I say and she smiles but the smile doesn't reach her eyes... "I just need to lay down..." She mumbles and i sigh... "Yeah, we are going home and i am calling the doctor..." I say worried... "It just a fever Chris..." She mumbles but i am not taking the risk i read somewhere it can be bad for the baby so i rather have the doctor come check. 

I call Carly and explain the situation... She had picked Oscar up from school because we would go shopping for our girl and Carly would drop him off home after dinner but instead, she would now keep him overnight so i could keep an eye on Lana and Lana alone... She would pick up some stuff for him later... 

"Baby can you please stay awake for me..." I say taking her hand feeling scared... She smiles at me with a sleepy smile... "Okay..." She mumbles... I call the doctor and he will be over soon... We arrive home and i lift her out the car... I sigh and carry her inside putting her on the bed and i take her shoes off... 

I do what Carly suggested... A wet cloth on her forehead... She also told me Tylenol but i want to wait for the doctor... I take a wet cloth and put it on her head, and she opens her eyes smiling at me... "I'll be fine baby..." She whispers and i sigh... The doorbell rings and i open the door to let the doctor in... 

I bring him to Lana and i pace up and down... He checks the baby, and he checks her fever. He gives me the same advice as Carly... Plenty of fluids, Tylenol and cooling down with the wet cloth and call if it gets worse... I let the doctor out again and thanked him. I got Lana some Tylenol and helped her in some comfortable clothes. 

I tuck her in, and she is out like a light... I hear the door open and close and i walk out the bedroom... "How is she?" Carly asks and i sigh. "She is asleep... But the doctor says she is going to be okay..." I mumble and Carly smiles. "Well, I'll go get some stuff for Oscar so dont worry about him and focus on Lana..." She says patting my cheek and i walk with her to Oscar's room to get her some stuff for him...

I smile as i see Bob sneaking into our bedroom and after saying goodbye to Carly i get back to the bedroom and lay down next to Lana and Bob... A few minutes later Dodger joins us and i sigh....