Chapter 50

Chris pov

Tomorrow the whole family is coming over to celebrate Christmas and they are all staying over to make the first Christmas of Oscar and Lana one to remember...

A lot has happened over the last few days... My lawyers more than earned their salary because they gotten a no contact and restraining order against Tara... But they told me it is not worth much if she is not caught in the act... The had done some investigations and found some witnesses and one of them had filmed the whole ordeal... It helped immensely and a judge granted the orders... The had showed me the video and it was horrendous... The friend i once knew was gone... All i could see was just an evil person... and seeing her so unhinged i could totally understand why Lana was scared of her...

Lana had an extra therapy session to cope with the flashbacks. It killed me to know she had them, but she told me talking about them with her therapist helped immensely... She had gone with ma to do what she originally had planned on doing that day... As she rather not go out alone just yet... 

And while they did that i had gone with Oscar to the petting zoo... I had found out that the donkey from the pumpkin patch resided there and taken him there as a surprise... The look on Oscar's face was amazing and i had taken lots of pictures of Oscar and the donkey... He had begged me to take him home... but i told him what his mother had told him... We didn't have the space... which of course was not true... But i also told him he would be so sad to not be with his friends...

After that we went to have pancakes at this little diner and overall, it was an amazing day... I loved this live... The family life... I was thinking more and more about the future... Our future... Me... Lana and Oscar... I wanted to marry her that i knew for sure... But i knew she was not ready yet... I respected that and if she would never be ready i was fine with that as long as she was in my life i was happy... But if it were up to me i would marry her tomorrow... 

As for my time away filming, we compromised... I wanted to hire security or get a guard dog... Lana didn't want this... She didn't want a guard dog first of all because she was scared for Oscar not wanting him to get hurt if she couldn't control the dog... and second, she didn't want 3 dogs to look after while she was alone... She didn't want security because the thought of a stranger in the house freaked her out and she thought it would be weird and scary for Oscar... But we talked to ma, and she wouldn't be alone... Ma was going to stay with Oscar and Lana for the time i was gone... At first Lana was a bit hesitant about that... 

She loved ma but didn't know if living together for two months would be a good idea... But they talked about it, and both set boundaries... and both of them were now actually excited about it... They were making plans and i felt a lot happier knowing that Lana and Oscar were not alone... Lana was the type of person to talk thing through... She was a firm believer of sharing your feelings and thoughts and to listen to each other... I just loved that about her and i knew she and ma could handle it if something came up and they would talk it out... Still i had asked Scott, Shanna and Carly to check in every now and then... 

I had a security company come by to check the alarm and to install more cameras and update the security system having it directly linked to the police... Sometimes it would hit me that i was doing this because of someone who i thought to be my friend at one time...  There had been a time i had trusted her and i still couldn't believe that all this time she was messing with my relationships... I just kept telling myself that maybe it had to be this way... If she hadn't meddled i wouldn't have Lana and Oscar now... But who knows... I just shook the thought out of my head... What ifs were not helping all that mattered that i was so happy with Oscar and Lana and wouldn't have it any other way... Well sort off... This debacle with Tara i could miss like the plague...

I had made contact with Fiona and talked to her... She was happily married now mother of twins and i apologized for not noticing... She said it was not necessary and that she had forgiven me for not seeing it a long time ago... She said she was happy now and to not feel bad and that she was happy for me for having Lana and Oscar... 

From what i heard Tara was notified about the orders and her husband was there... He was completely blindsided... and at first didn't understand why but when he had run into Carly at the grocery store and asked Carly about it she had told him what happened... From what i understood he had packed up the kids and went to his parents the same day... 

I had to admit that i felt guilty that their marriage might be over... But ma and Carly said not to blame myself... I couldn't help it though... Even though i met him through Tara... I considered him my friend... I spend so much time with him and even the kids... 

For now, i would not contact him... He needed to figure out what to do... We had to process everything... And even though he and the kids had no blame seeing them would only trigger things... We all needed time... 

For now, we were going to focus on Christmas... We were going to enjoy the time with the family... Lana was excited to have everyone over and together with ma and Carly she had made a whole menu for Christmas dinner and was looking forward to the picture-perfect Christmas...

Oscar was excited to share his room with Carly's kids... He was just overall excited to have a real Christmas... Lana had joked to me that i had set myself up for failure for next year because in her words... "This Christmas is going to be a tough one to beat next year..."