Chapter 219

The CEO has a smug look as the toys came into his office with glares on their faces. "I bet you all regret hurting and killing my scientists now?" he said as he knew the toys had no choice but to rely on him to save their leader. "Yeah... we do, because we now have to put our trust in you to save Dogday.." Catnap said as he eyes the two new toys in the office, his eyes widen a bit but he looked towards the CEO again as the man clears his throat. "I'm not sure I can help you out though, considering you all seem to not trust humans like me after all the... pain you all went through" he said with a fake hurt tone. "All the critters looked angry, but Catnap sighed through his nose "I'm sorry.." he said in a quiet voice. "I'm sorry what..? I couldn't hear you" the CEO played with the toys as Catnap looked ready to pounce, but held back "I'm sorry!" he said as the CEO stood near his desk and laughed. "Haha! You just want me to fix him up and after that you guys are just going to kill all my other employees coming soon" he spoke in a low warning tone to the toys but they didn't seem affected. "We promise we won't attack anyone... we just want our leader back, we don't want to lose him, he's slowly dying-" "fine fine" said the CEO as he walks past the mascots and tells them to follow him to the lab. "Place him on the table, you all can watch through the window" he said as he watched the mascots all make their way to the large window. He might not be able to see them, but he knew they were watching him. "Let's get to work.." he spoke to the semi-conscious dog in front of him.

The two toys left in the CEO's office were confused why he left, but they both noticed the Smiling Critters. "Those... were them" the toys both looked at each other. "Feels weird being in this... suit, skin... skin suit" the one toy spoke quietly as they waited for the CEO to come back. "I wonder what our names are.." the one toy spoke as they looked at their own body. "You have the body of a cat.. but also a bumblebee" the one spoke with a small smile. "Oh.. well you seem like a... hm... I'm not sure, like uh.." the toy went quiet unable to say. It worried the second toy a bit. 'What am I...?' they thought as the cat looking bumblebee toy stayed quiet a bit before they looked up again, opened their mouth and closed it with a sad expression. "You are... different" the bumblebee said as they just stayed quiet waiting for the CEO to return.

Catnap was staring intently at the window, watching every little thing the CEO did to Dogday. He didn't care about anything gross about it, he watched Dogday's expressions, CEO's movements, which tools he picked up, and how he used them all. He watched the CEO take a deep breathe in and out and trying to calm his nerves. He smirked seeing the CEO a bit scared as he spoke to Dogday in a low voice, or it seemed he was as Dogday would sometimes answer him. Catnap would glare when the CEO would touch Dogday's shoulder or pat his head, but he decided to ignore it since it seemed to be a comfort for Dogday.