Chapter 276

Jax and Catnap drag the human, or whatever remains of the human out of the pool. The Dogday plushies watch from above growling slightly as Catnap tries to make it seem like he's not helping the human. "Can you stop them from growling, as a cat it's making me uncomfortable" Catnap says as Jax gives him a look "you do realize you're not a real cat, just a mascot of a cat" he explains but Catnap still looks uncomfortable so he sighs and nods. "Silence we will get in trouble for having a human here, we need to get rid of the body or whatever remains of the body or we will get in trouble" Jax explains to the rest of the Dogday plushies who in turn go silent, but still watch the two closely. "Thanks for that, it was scary with all of them watching me and it made it seem like they were going to attack" Catnap said as Jax just went silent as they worked to get rid of the body's remains. After an hour of getting the body all cleaned up Jax finally spoke "they would've" was all he said as he and the other Dogday plushies rushed up the stairs and out of the playhouse towards the exit where everyone was waiting for them to help wake each of their friends up. "Where did Mommy go?" asked Jax as they entered the hall, and getting to work on waking up everyone. "She's going to get the children who are still trapped in Home Sweet Home" said Bubba as he and Frowny Fox looked exhausted but were obviously terrified to sleep. Jax frowns as he sees Frowny and Bubba both trying to stay awake Small Frown, Shade, and Gloom were trying to get Frowny to sleep, but he would whine and just push them back so they couldn't get him to sleep. They would still try though as they cared for him, and wanted to make sure he was okay. "You two really should get some rest, we are safe here for now until Catnap reroutes the poppy gas chambers to the left chambers where they'll be out of the way" Jax said as he walks over to the two. "We can't.. what if we have a nightmare, plus we aren't fully out of the danger yet" as Bubba points to the doors they see the red most slowly moving under the doors. Jax growls "hurry we have to wake everyone up, or we will have to move them all to another location farther away" Jax tells the rest of the Dogday plushies as they all seem to panic, but they end up rushing a bit knowing if they don't hurry and wake everyone up there could be bigger issues. "Thank you for this Jax, we really appreciate your help" said Bubba with a smile and a big yawn as he leans on Frowny Fox's shoulder. Frowny Fox yawns and leans on Bubba's head and the two fall asleep together.