Chapter 348

a small gasp of air came out of his mouth. Catnap, Bitty Kitty, and Sharp Charm all looked at him in sympathy as he just hung his head in defeat and looked down at his paws. "You doing okay?" Sharp Charm asks as Dogday nods with a small smile. "Okay, well we should get on with the tour, because heaven forbid the CEO tell us anything about The Critters are slacking on the job" Catnap says in a grumpy voice mimicking the CEO causing Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm to laugh and Dogday to smile. "Alright, but where to first?" as Catnap asks this Dogday had an idea, get grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and wrote the words 'Home Sweet Home' on it causing Catnap to smile "Home Sweet Home it is" he said as Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm both nod with small smiles of their own. As they all get up, and leave the house Catnap can't help but sigh in relief as his best friend is back.

On their way to Home Sweet Home they pass by Killy Willy looking completely fed up with everything around him, they chose to ignore him, they had a job to do. "Alright, so this is Home Sweet Home, it's where the orphans are usually kept after school" Catnap explained to Dogday as he nods in understanding, they all walk inside the building. As soon as they did though the sound of kids crying fills their ears. They follow the sound all the way to the room that held all the babies, they opened the door and were a bit startled to see all the other Smiling Critters and Miss Delight trying to calm down all the babies. "There was a little bit of lingering poppy gas, and they seemed to have inhaled it, and now it's affecting them pretty badly" Miss Delight said as she was rocking one of the little babies and trying to calm her down. "They're not really getting sleepy, probably from bad dreams" said Kickin as held a baby boy close to him and was trying to rock him to sleep again. "I don't think any of us can really get these poor things to sleep, it's been a few minutes, and they're going to make themselves sick with all this crying" said Bobby as she too had a baby in her arms. "We tried rocking them, speaking softly to them, pacifiers, rattles, bottles, nothing seems to be working though, and we don't know what to do" Hoppy said as she was in a rocker chair with two babies, twins, who she was trying to get to rest, and stop crying, but to no avail. "We are kind of running out of ideas at this point" said Crafty as she was trying to tickle one of the babies but failing a bit due to her having hooves and not fingers. "Still baffles me how you can do art with hooves, but we will figure something out said Catnap" just then out of nowhere a melody started to play around the room.