Chapter 293

"So... Dogday is dead, the CEO killed him, and put all of us to sleep with uhh.. what?" asked Bubba. "This might be confusing to you all, but we were trying to make our way to the CEO's office to save Dogday, and according to Jax, who witnessed his death, Dogday is dead.." Catnap spoke to his friends as they all looked at him wide eyed. "That son of a-" Picky covered Craftycorn's mouth before she was able to finish the sentence. "There are kids all around us Crafty, shut up" she said said as Bubba and Bobby were both shocked to hear that their girlfriend almost swore. "Anyways, we redirected the gas for now... but we have to wait a bit for it to completely clear" Catnap told everyone. "But what are we going to do in the meantime?" asked Miss Delight since none of them had anywhere to go. Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm were both silently crying in the corner away from everyone, and Jax went over to them, to make sure they were okay. Catnap wasn't sure where the CEO was right now, but he was sure everyone wanted revenge.

The CEO was busy in his office talking to one of his older employees. "So Rich, how is everything?" he asks as Rich looked at him with a bit of an annoyed expression. "It's fine, I guess.. I just feel I would be better in the Playcare, those kids need a real adult there to help at times, not mascots, or robots" Rich said as the CEO gave him a look. "Why would they need real human interaction?" asked the CEO that caught Rich off guard "you think they don't deserve it? I mean what if you were sent to an orphanage and only got to see fake trees, and a fake outside your whole life, especially since it seems none of them actually get adopted" Rich had a bit of a dangerous tone in that last sentence, but the CEO brushed it aside. "The kids are fine Rich, I assure you they're very happy where they are now" as the CEO said this Rich slams his hands on the desk. "They're NOT okay! These kids are suffering because they aren't even knowing the real outside world exists! Some of them aren't even making it to their double digit ages! They're all being "adopted" so soon by people who don't even understand what's going on!" Rich was shouting at the CEO trying to defend the kids in the orphanage, but the CEO kept waving him off. "Quit being paranoid Rich, it's fine, you're worrying about children, who cares if they go missing, who cares if they don't get adopted, who really cares if they make it to adulthood or not?" as the CEO asks those questions Rich looks at him completely flabbergasted. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" Rich shouts at the CEO threatening to destroy the whole company if he doesn't change his ways, but the CEO ignores him, and send Rich on his way.