Chapter 258

Catnap brought his tail up to the vent as he heard Jax completely break down, his sobs echoed through the vent, but Catnap opened the vent causing Jax to fall out, and into Catnap's arms. Jax was hyperventilating in Catnap's arms afraid to hurt him, but Catnap just cradled Jax and cuddled him purring gently as Jax sobs into his furry neck. Catnap shushed Jax every time he tried to speak, his voice cracked and it sounded like he was choking on water, and his own breath. Catnap was a bit worried for Jax and since neither were affected by the poppy has it seemed they were the only two in the Playcare still awake. "I wonder if the kids are all okay.. especially since their with Miss Delight" Catnap said as Jax sniffles and shakes in his lap, Catnap curled his tail around Jax and turned him upside down. "Sorry about this" he said as he started to violently shake Jax around causing him to become dizzy and nauseous. Jax covered his mouth signaling to Catnap to stop, as he let Jax down he watched the plushie throw up red liquid, he knew it wasn't all water, but it definitely wasn't blood either, Catnap would have to experiment and ask Bubba later about it. "So... explain when you're ready" he said as he watched the Dogday plushie shaking on the floor. Catnap scoops Jax up again and carries him to the kitchen. "I hope you're okay... as much as I want to know what happened to Dogday, it can wait, we need to make sure you're okay firstly, you obviously seen something traumatic, and you're unable to speak about it right now, but in time you'll be able to, maybe when our friends all wake up from their... sleep" as Catnap said this Jax looks up at him with a small frown as he hides himself from the world curling up in Catnap's arms as he curled his long tail around the plushie to secure him a bit more. "You're safe here Jax, I'm not sure what you saw, or what you've been through, but I truly hope that you are willing to talk in time, or when everyone wakes up, I'm not sure when that will be since my house seems to be the only house not emitting the poppy gas, as it seems all the other houses are filled with it" as Catnap and Jax look out the window to see each of their friend's windows tinted red from the red smoke that filled their houses keeping them all asleep unable to understand the situation they were all in as they had no whereabouts about where Dogday was, or where the CEO went, or what went down in that office to cause those scratches, that blood, and the mess. Catnap walked outside a bit but was stopped by a security guard who looked at Jax and went to grab him, Catnap slammed the door shut and held Jax in a protective grip.