Chapter 365

"What's gotten into you all?" asked Killy looking at each critter's saddened and frightened faces. "Dogday died.. because of the prototype..?" asked Catnap in a small voice. "How did you find out?" as he asked this Killy just said "you know who told me" as he said this Catnap's eyes widen. "Jax" is all he said to get a nod from Killy, he looked upset, but nodded back. "I wasn't sure.. but now everything's adding up more and more" he spoke looking at Killy. "Yeah, all three of us mainly spoke about certain plans, but their classified" Killy said as he crossed his arms and looked down at the critters. "So, Dogday was kille-" "I was killed, and?" everyone jumped at the sound of Dogday's voice behind them. They looked back at him confused as he stood in his doorway looking at them with crossed arms and a glare. "What's going on?" he asked, but nobody wanted to say. "What's going on?" he repeats as the critters all look at each other. "Dogday, we don't want you to be sacrificing yourself for us anymore, we can take care of ourselves, and if we are in danger we will let you know, so please" Catnap tried to say but Dogday looked at him with an arched brow. "Catnap listen, I'm not going to change who I am, I love who I am, and I'm not planning on changing for anyone" as Dogday said this the other Smiling Critters and Killy watched the tension between the two friends. "I'm trying to make you see that what you're doing isn't good, you shouldn't have to sacrifice yourself for us, just because you're the leader doesn't mean-" Dogday stopped Catnap "listen here Catnap, it's my life and I choose to live this way, I've experienced death already, I'm not afraid to-" "but you're crazy for that!" Catnap yells as Dogday tried to explain himself. "I'm not crazy" he mumbles "yes you are, why would anyone want to sacrifice themselves for others?!" Catnap didn't understand. "I do it to make sure that you all are okay, seeing you all happy and healthy is really important to me" as Dogday said this Catnap slaps his paw away when Dogday tried to reach out and hold his paw. "Then you and I need to probably go separate ways for a while" Catnap said causing the other critters to gasp. "Catnap... what do you mean?" asked Dogday with a sad broken expression. "You and I... need space, and see other people, and you need to either fix yourself or you'll lose me, I won't have you risking your own life for me" as Catnap said this Dogday was silent "fine... see you around Catnap" he spoke silently and went back upstairs. "Catnap..?" asked Hoppy holding their paw out, but Catnap ignored them and walked past his friends towards the exit. "Catnap..?" asked Bobby, but he ignored his friends and left the Playcare. "This doesn't seem good..." Killy said as the Smiling Critters all looked between Dogday's dog house and the exit where Catnap left through.