Chapter 383

Catnap walked towards the school with a heavy feeling in his chest. 'I can't talk to any of the other critters, but I can talk to Miss Delight... this should be interesting' he thought as he made his way over to the school doors. As he walks into the classroom he seems Dogday with a student listen to their wild story about the nightmare they seem to have during the red smoke incident. He walks to the back of the room silently avoiding the children who smile at him or try to get a high five from him. Catnap didn't want the attention on him right now so he stayed in the back, Dogday, Bitty Kitty, and Sharp Charm all seem to be avoiding him too. 'Guess Killy was right' he thought as he frowns and looks at the ground. "Alright class we're going to begin" Miss Delight said as she walks in front of the class "I know that we were supposed to have today off, but... the CEO told me that isn't going to happen today" Miss Delight rolled her eyes a bit annoyed by the CEO's decision to not care about any of the children's own health. Catnap didn't pay attention to the class this time, he didn't see a single reason why he should, he already knew all this, and there was no motivation to actually care about anything else going on around him. He looked around the classroom and saw Bitty Kitty coming near him, he just stared at the ground as she did. She stayed close by but didn't utter a word to him, she was just leaned against the wall behind them, and crossed her arms also looking at the ground. "You doing okay Catnap?" she asked after a few moments. Catnap remains silent as she waits patiently for him to speak, but after a while she understands he won't be saying anything she sighs and continues to try and talk to him. "How was Killy Willy?" as she asked this Catnap looked at her a little skeptical. "We all saw you invite him inside your cat condo last night" she said as she looked directly into Catnap's eyes with a straight face. Catnap wanted to speak, but he didn't, he kept his mouth shut. "You do realize that you could have gotten hurt right?" as she asked this Catnap glares at her. "We're trying to protect you Catnap... we want to help you and make sure you're safe" as she says this Catnap rolls his eyes at her words. "Yeah right" he speaks under his breath as he crosses his arms and glares ahead as Miss Delight was helping a student understand the lesson. "It's true... we do care about you, and we want you to be okay, I'm not sure what he told you, but it wasn't true, Dogday was really hurt when you weren't answering any of us" Bitty Kitty says as she tries to put a reassuring paw on his shoulder, but he just slaps her paw away causing Dogday and Sharp Charm to become alarmed.