Chapter 230

"We should head back.. it's almost day time" Catnap said eyeing the real sky as it was getting brighter outside. Everyone agreed as they made their way to the Playcare. "Here's your stop, and- oh! Dogday is awake" Huggy notices as he sees Dogday walking out of his dog house, and walking towards the playhouse. Everyone watches him go inside. "Everyone go back to your places, I'll go check on Dogday, it's not like him to be like this, especially when sick" Catnap said as everyone went inside Dogday's dog house, or left the Playcare, Frowny went to the school since he set up a small place for himself there. Catnap watched everyone leave and ran towards where he saw Dogday went, but the place was a maze. "Oh great.." he said as he wandered around for a few minutes before he finally found Dogday, and a bunch of Smiling Critters sleeping around him. He laid curled up in between them all, and Catnap didn't have the heart to wake any of them up, so he left to his own home to see Moonlight.

Dogday woke up surrounded by five Dogday plushies who all just stared at him with big happy smiles. "Hey you guys.. good to see you all again" his low raspy voice was so soft that the plushies scooted closer to the bigger body Dogday. "You all remind me of Jax and Sunshine..." he spoke the two names that caught all the Dogday plushie's attentions. All the Dogday plushie crawled over and looked at the bigger body in curiosity. "Yeah, Sunshine and Jax... Sunshine isn't with us anymore, but Jax is, he's just... away" as Dogday spoke he hadn't noticed the two pairs of eyes on him, nor heard the pounding in the vents above.

Dogday left the plushies behind as he went to the school, and met up with his friends. "Hey everyone, good to see you all here" he spoke in a quiet voice which made his friend suspicious. "Everything okay with you Dogday, you're normally not this quiet and.. shy" said Kickin as he walked over to the dog and began to wave his wing in front of Dogday's face trying to get a reaction. When nothing happened Catnap facepalmed and led Dogday back to his house to rest. "You're still sick, we need to get rid of this now, it's weird seeing you so low on energy" he spoke carefully to his friend as Dogday stayed quiet and let Catnap lead him to his bed. "Stay here, I'll make you soup" said Catnap as he went back downstairs, he was hoping that one of their friends would be kind enough to tell Miss Delight that they weren't coming in today. 'Maybe Bitty Kitty and Sharp Charm will let her know' he thought as he tucked Dogday into bed and watched the dog sleep for a few minutes just to make sure he actually stayed asleep this time. When Dogday didn't move and his breathing seemed to even out only then is when Catnap started to walk back downstairs to get the soup started.