Chapter 323

As Catnap and Mommy continue to look for any maintenance workers, they seem to find the place a bit deserted. "Where is everyone, it's.." Catnap face palms "it's Sunday, the factory is closed due to repairs and obviously someone saw the poppy gas" Catnap groaned as he and Mommy still look around for someone to help. Just as they make it to the gift shop they see Rich there looking at toys and mumbling under his breath. "Rich!" Catnap runs over to him, Rich looks up to see Catnap and Mommy "oh uh.. hey Catnap, and Mommy Longlegs" he gives a small wave as Catnap comes over to him. "Hi, we were wondering if you could maybe come to the Playcare and help us with fixing doors?" as Catnap said this Rich was a bit confused "umm.. I'm not really supposed to go in there since it's not my assigned position, but for you I'll do it" he said with a smile towards the purple cat who smiled up at him. Catnap and Mommy lead Rich to the Playcare and show him the doors that need to be fixed. "Hmm.. I'll need to order new doors, these were broken off their hinges, and they no longer line up with the frame" Rich said as Catnap and Mommy look at him with sad expressions. "Don't worry guys, it'll be easy for me once I get the new doors and frames" he told them trying to reassure them. Catnap nods and understands, Mommy also nods, but she still's a bit lost. "I'll order them tonight, and I'll bring them in tomorrow morning, does that sound good? I'll need someone to help me hide them from Elliot though" as Rich said this Catnap and Mommy were both on board with this plan. Rich smiled towards the toys and got up to get home, and see his wife. "I'll be back tomorrow morning, I need one of you to be by the door so I can give you the doors and you can sneak them into the Playcare" as he said this Mommy and Catnap both agreed. Rich smiles and waves bye to the toys, and walks out of the Playcare. Little did he know that the CEO saw everything.

"So... you're working with the toys now, that's fine, I'll make sure you know your place" the CEO slams his fist on his desk as he watches the cameras. "I hope you enjoy your final week's paycheck Rich, because it'll make your wife smile to know she doesn't have two mouths to feed at home anymore" as the CEO said this he turns towards the book shelf, and smirks looking over to the portrait of him and his wife. "Would be a shame if Dogday were to come back earlier then expected hm?" he then goes over to the portrait, flips the switches, holds down the button until the lights turn on, and proceeds to walk into the lab, and down the hatch with his gas mask on.