Chapter 321

Catnap was determined to make his best friend proud. He rises from his spot he was wallowing in, and putting on a brave face he wiped away the stray tears, yes his fur already had tear streaks, but he didn't care. "I'm going to make you proud Dogday, just like how you did when you were leader" he whispers under his breath. Catnap looks over at Miss Delight and Mommy Longlegs by the Playcare doors looking into the Playcare as it somewhat cleared up quickly. He wasn't sure about it fully, but he would check it out as soon as he could. He walked over to both ladies and looked into the Playcare with them. "Hey Catnap, how're you feeling?" Miss Delight asked and Mommy also looked at him as he came over. "I'm doing okay" he said in a strange voice that caught Miss Delight and Mommy by surprise. "What's going on with your voice?" Mommy asks "needs some rewiring" said Catnap and Miss Delight together they both chuckled as they did. Mommy just smiles and nods her head in understanding. "I think I'll go see the CEO right now" Catnap said as he held his throat. Both Mommy and Miss Delight looked at him in concern as his voice was fluctuating from high and lower octaves. They both nod as Catnap waves to them, walks avoiding all the children and Smiling Critters, and even mini critters on the ground sleeping. He smiles as he makes his way past them all successfully, and walks towards the CEO's office again. As he makes his way over though, he runs into Rich, who looks at him in surprise. "You're Catnap" he said sounding a bit surprised to see one of the Smiling Critters in front of him, he's heard of The Smiling Critters, and even watched their cartoon a bit before he started to get used to how the company ran things, but he never expected to meet one so soon, and especially Catnap. "Pleased to meet you" Catnap winces and Rich sees it. "Hey, that voice box doesn't sound okay.. come with me, I'll fix you, the CEO is planning to kill you if you come near him, I don't want you to have to die at the hands of him" Rich held out his hand to the purple cat, and with a bit of hesitation Catnap placed his paw in Rich's hand. Richard smiles and leads Catnap away from the CEO's office door and to his own work station where he has a few scraps and parts from other toys. He sorts through some of the toy parts to find a better voice box for Catnap. After a few minutes of trying different voice boxes, Catnap finally finds one he likes, and he and Rich get to working on fixing Catnap's voice box. "You're speaker's a bit fried, no wonder why you're not able to talk right" Rich said as he gently took the tiny voice box out and placed the new one inside, sealing it up and smiling down at Catnap when he was done. Catnap looked up at Rich and smiled getting a bright and sunny feeling radiating off the human. "Thank you" he said as he leapt to hug Rich for helping him.