Chapter 385

The hours ticked by so slowly as Catnap was close to a breaking point. His ears twitched and pinned back against his head whenever a kid would laugh too loudly and his tail flicked a bit every time the chalk would hit the board and make a high pitched sound like nails scratching a chalk board. He was at his limit near the end of the day. 'Dang it... still have recess' he thought bitterly.

At recess things got worse for Catnap. All the critters seemed to be avoiding him now, Dogday went into his tree, and he had nowhere else to go now. He groaned in annoyance as he was ignored by those closest to him, he should've listened to Killy and stayed home. He kept looking towards the tree he and Dogday loved sitting together and hang out in. He sighed as he knew Dogday wouldn't let him go on the tree now, he instead sat near the school, and then a few of the kids came over to him. He looked up at the kids and something about the scene was familiar to him. He hissed at the kids and they ran off, but he scratched one of them that wasn't quick enough to escape. Dogday saw this from the tree, and immediately began climbing down and helping the kid up. He turned towards Catnap with another growl. "Catnap stop! You're becoming a monster!" he yells as his voice is raspy from the still learning how to work his voice box. Yet his voice caught the attention of others. The other critters to be exact. They went over to the two as Dogday was standing over Catnap who was hiding his face in his knees. "Just go away mutt" he spoke low, but Dogday heard it and growling again. "What's gotten into you Catnap?! You're never like this!" Dogday said as Catnap stands up and gets in his face "you're my problem! You are the reason I'm like this! You aren't a real friend, you-" before Catnap could say another word Kickin Chicken came up from behind Dogday and uppercut Catnap. Dogday and the other critters all gasp as Kickin Chicken stands over Catnap whose nose is now bleeding. The feline is holding his nose in pain, but he glares daggers at the chicken "you'll pay for this!" he hissed and ran away from everyone. Dogday was speechless, but Hoppy wasn't they grabbed Kickin and slam him on the bricks of the school house wall "WHAT WAS THAT KICKIN?!" they demanded as Kickin looks up at them with an angry expression. "Catnap was insulting Dogday, I'm not going to sit around and let him, Dogday needs-" Hoppy covered his beak with their paw. "You don't beat him up.. especially in front of the kids here!" Hoppy yelled at Kickin but could easily tell he had no regrets for what he did. "Kickin this isn't what we stand for, we are supposed to set good examples for the kids here" Hoppy explained as Kickin just mumbles under his breath and walks away.