Chapter 279

"This isn't good.. they should be awake by now, why aren't they waking up?" questions Jax as he starts to pace. The Catnap plushies keep looking at the situation and then towards the door as the red has started to rise a bit more. "Jax, we should get moving, it won't take long before that gas has made its way to all of us again" one of the Catnap plushies yells towards Jax who nods in response. "Everyone we should be moving the gas seems to be leaking out from underneath the door and it'll fill this hallway pretty quickly if we don't start moving right now" he barked out orders to everyone as they look at him in shock before they look at the door and they start to get up and move quickly from the door and down the hallway more. "Bobby, Crafty, Bubba, Frowny Fox and his plushies need to be carried out as well as the other critters since they all seem to be asleep again, please take them with you as you leave to go down the hall" Jax was commanding everyone, but they weren't going to question his authority right now as they were all fearful about the situation. Miss Delight and her sisters picked up Bubba Bubbaphant, Kickin Chicken, Bobby Bearhug, Craftycorn, Hoppy Hopscotch, Sharp Charm, Small Frown, Gloom, Shade, Frowny Fox, and Picky Piggy. Bitty Kitty was mainly awake, just leaning against Miss Delight as she led her down the hallway further away from the Playcare and the red gas seeping under the door. The Dogday plushies were barking wildly at the gas and Jax understood that they feared the gas for... personal reasons. "Let's go guys, we don't have time to bark at any threats behind that door" Jax spoke trying to get the attention of the other Dogday plushies as they looked towards him, they seemed hesitant at first, but they soon realized that Jax was right, and only trying to protect them, so they followed his orders as they trusted Jax as their guardian and protector. "Jax.. we tried to wake them up, but we aren't sure why it's not working, we're sorry.." said one of the Dogday plushies as it looked at the ground walking near Jax as they all walked further from the door. "It's fine, we just got to keep trying until we do figure out a way to wake them up" he said as he led them to the others. "You all stay here, I need to.. find some others" Jax said as he turns towards a vent and jumps up to grab the edge. He uses his sharp jagged teeth to unscrew the vent off and crawl inside leaving the others to wait for his return "I'll be back" he spoke one final time before he disappeared into the vent.

Jax crawled in the vent for a while until he reached his destination. He scratches the vent getting the attention of the doll on the other side. The doll came over and leaned down towards the vent "hello Jax it's good to see you" the doll spoke. "Hello Poppy, I need your help getting Huggy Wuggy and Kissy Missy out of their prisons" Jax said as Poppy nods her head and opening the vent, she crawls inside with him.