Chapter 357

As Catnap and the other critters sat in the living room, none of them were sleeping. "So.. none of us are really going to be sleeping tonight, are we?" asked Hoppy getting a bunch of answers "no" "nope" "nuh uh" causing them all to let out a collective sigh. "Well this is stupid... what are we going to do?" asked Bobby throwing her paws over her head. "We don't know... but I'm bored" said Kickin. "I'm ready to go talk to Killy Willy honestly" said Catnap as he stretched out. "Catnap, you are not going, you don't even have your buddy" Crafty points out getting the rest of the critters to agree, and voice their own opinions. "I don't need a buddy, plus Dogday's upstairs probably asleep right now" he told them as he looks at the ceiling. "No, you do need your buddy, or you can't leave.. that was your rule, we all have our buddies because it was YOUR idea" said Frowny Fox hugging a pillow to his chest. "Well, then you guys coming with me?" asked Catnap with his arms crossed and a raised eyebrow. "We could if you want us to" Picky said but Frowny puts his paw on her shoulder and shakes his head. "Or you all can go, Frowny and I can stay here" she changed her words around knowing that Frowny doesn't want anything to do with William anymore. "Maybe, I mean we all still need to wait a bit before we trust him, but I really want Dogday to get his voice back..." Catnap's ears pin against his head with a frown. "We know Catnap, but we want to make sure you don't get hurt, you know how the CEO is, and how Killy Willy works for him now, what if he brings you with him, and they kill you?" asked Craftycorn looking at her friend with a worried expression. "You guys really shouldn't care... especially about me, it's going to happen to us all one day, we might think we're immortal, but we all know we aren't, Dogday's death proved that" Catnap said in a hushed tone. Everyone in the room was silent after he said this, of course they all knew that they would die, be abandoned, anything could happen, they wouldn't expect this reality, but Dogday, their leader, and their trusted friend had proven them all wrong about being immortal. "So... you're saying we should just allow you to go.. even if you die?" asked Craftycorn who seemed to holding back her tears. Catnap sighs, gets up, and comes over to her before he kneels in front of her and takes her hooves in his paws. "Yes, I'm sorry, but it might be this way for a while, I won't allow any of you to deal with me anymore, the CEO will probably target you guys to get to me, and I can't allow that..." as Catnap said this and made his way to the door the others stood up and quickly ran after him.