Story 67

I was in third grade when the bullying started. I was called names and the other children would play truth or dare and come up with dares to ask me out or embarrass me. By fifth grade I had already figured out that I was bisexual and I told my best friend. My "best friend" told the whole fifth grade, I was terrified for what I would have to endure for the rest of the year. I was called names and whenever another student was talking to me, instead of using my name they would call me Lesbo. I started self-harming that year It was a terrible year for me. It got worse as I started 6th grade. I had no friends and my teachers even avoided me. My self-harm got worse and I noticed I had signs of depression and anxiety. I took an online test provided by doctors and it turned out I was indeed depressed. By the end of 6th grade I was a complete mess. My parents found out about my self-harming and they admitted me into a hospital. By the end of 7th grade I had attempted suicide twice and been to the hospital 11 times. The bullying started dying down and I had gained a friend or two. I still self-harmed because the things people told me stayed in my brain. My friends and online friends tried to cheer me up whenever I felt down but sometimes it just doesn't work and I relapsed. My head got filled with these voices and I couldn't do anything about it because if I told anyone they would think I was crazy. Later on I realized the voices sounded like the boys and girls who tormented me when I was younger. My doctor gave me certain pills that somewhat helped and my therapist helped with when I really need someone to talk too. I also started drawing on my arm to keep myself from self-harming and it has worked for the last few weeks. I hope maybe one day we can stop the bullying that's happening in our school system and outside of the school system.