Submission 1072

Hi! My names Kaitlin but I go by Kait, it's been three years since I was bullied. It all started in the seventh grade, when I thought I had a group of real friends who would except me for who I was. But I was wrong, out of the blue they started leaving hateful notes in my locker (we had holes at the tops of our lockers so.) and saying mean things about me like, haha loser, or loser. Weeks after they started ridiculing and belittling me in front of everyone, they would go behind me back and gossip about me ans say things that weren't true. Things just became worse, and worse, and I just had enough. I became depressed and fast, majority of the time I wanted to just end it all, no one would miss me would they? Sooner or later I found a way to get rid of my pain was the create another so I started to cut my right arm, over and over. It felt like all of the pain was draining away and it was calming for me somehow, thought afterwards it burned whenever my sleeves would rub against them. No one knew this was taking place, from there things got worse and worse. Until my bestfriend found out and helped me get through the tough times, I'm glad he's still in my life today, without him I don't know where I'd be.

Present day- next month on March 17 2016, I would be a year clean, (For those who don't know what that means, it means I would've gone a year without cutting or harming myself.) Things in my life are better then ever.

ADVICE: If you are having trouble with bullying, go to your bestfriend, or an adult, don't make the mistakes that I made trying to deal with it myself and not tell anyone. Always go to your parents, or your school counselor.