Submission 903

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)? 

I experienced all of them.

How old were you when the bullying started? 

I was 9.

Who bullied you (please be vague by using old friend, classmate, neighbor, etc.)?

 It wasn't just one person, it was everyone in my grade. After a while my own friends turned against me.

What would the bullies say or do to you? 

They would tell me that I was worthless, pathetic, ugly, fat, and on some occasions they would tell me to kill myself.

How did you feel while you were being bullied? 

I felt like everyone hated me, and that I was just a mistake.

How did you feel after being bullied? 

I felt horrible.

Did anything help you cope with that feeling? 

No, nothing. Nobody would listen when I told them what was happening.

Have you ever self-harmed and/or fallen into a state of depression as a result of being bullied? 

Yes, both.

Have you ever contemplated suicide and a result of bullying? 

Once.

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied? 

Yes, I told my mom.

Why/why not? 

I told her because I felt that she could help me.

How long were you bullied for? 

5 years.

Are you still being bullied?

Things have gotten better, but there are still people who go out of their way to try and hurt me.

ADVICE: If you're getting bullied, you just have to stay strong. I know that its hard. Bullying can cause you to do things that you never thought you would do, like self-harm, or attempting suicide. You are better than the people that put you down. All you have to do is rise above them, and have confidence in yourself. No matter who you are, you are amazing, and I believe in you. ❤