Submission 758

I heard about this and thought that all of these stories can make a difference. I was a little big and still am and I'm 12. I have been bullied all my life of and on. The first was in grade 2 when a fifth grader began calling me horrid name's that would not be tolerated in print. I told my parents (my mom was still living with us) and they helped. But the bully was bigger than me and caught me off guard. I came home groaning with blood smeared across my face and holding my crotch. My mom was concerned. That boy was strictly punished and everything was good until a third grader noticed my bruised legs (a subject I don't like to talk about) and decided to pester me about it. It made me want to take extremely violent measures yet I restrained. When I came home I asked my dad to teach me how to punch and he socked me in the stomach (now do you understand the bruises). The next day I took inspiration from the other bully and kicked him in a place that hurt. He staggered back than cried. I had humiliated him and caused him pain. I felt horrible. Then fourth grade rolled around and everything changed. My mom left the picture and my dad became increasingly unstable. Fifth grade was better and sixth grade was bad. People picked laughed my father thrashed me every night and than I began to fight back making sure that nobody dares to mess with me. I than relied on cheap mouth wash and half smoked cigarettes to get me through. I became close to no one and developed a hard shell of cynicism. My father told me I'd amount to nothing. I than decided that there was to be no more crap I ditched everything and asked my crush out. She said yes and my self esteem built. I joined wrestling and drama and made my dad proud and started talking to my mom. I still get teased lightly in the seventh grade but I've learned to deal with it and my life's looking up.

ADVICE: Don't ever rely on drugs or alcohol. Don't pull away from people who want to help.