Story 96

Hi, I'm not very good at telling my bullying story. I still struggle with it every day, even though it has been a long time since it happened.

I guess I will start with the beginning. It was back in 2010. She was a friend I met over the Internet. She talked to me every chance she could, which was quite a few hours a day. She quickly became my best friend because of this. I slowly found myself spilling secrets to her; many of them I shouldn't have. She would do nice things for me, and I returned the favor. We were two peas in a pod. Our other friends told us how lucky we were to have each other. I believed them.

Then, she changed. She became big-headed and started to say hurtful things. She picked fights over the dumbest things, and would leave me drowning in tears for hours at a time. Then she would come back and manipulate me into thinking I had started the argument.

She would threaten me and insult me with no reason why. I begged her to explain herself, but she got so offended that I was too scared to ask what I had done wrong anymore. I just accepted it was my fault and apologized way more than I should have.

That went on for two years. I began self-harming with a razor, which is one of the most dangerous things you could use. She found out and she started it herself, just so she could threaten to hurt herself if I didn't stop. I loved her so much that it physically brought me pain to know she was doing that because of me. I reframed to quickly hurting myself and never telling her about it.

Finally, in December of 2013, I had had enough. I started a new school so I had many friends, and I didn't need to put up with her abuse anymore. I started to realized how stupid it was for me to talk to her. So, I said my goodbyes and deleted my account on that site.

Sadly, she had my Kik, and harassed me on there instead. That went on for about a month, until I deleted that account, too.

A year of recovery went by and I felt brand new. I had real friendships, none of them cruel and abusive.

I recently sent her an apology through email on how disrespectful I had been at times. I said I was sorry that she hated me, and I still wanted to be her friend if she would let me.

She wrote back saying it was ok, though she never, truly apologized. We tried to be friends again, but within two days it was back to how it was. So I just stopped answering.

I still struggle with the urge to go back to her. I keep telling myself that maybe this time will be different, but I know it won't be.

She has left me scarred and mistrustful of everyone I meet. No one should have that affect on anyone, ever. It is ridiculous that people are that horrible to each other.

Remember to pray for those who are being bullied, and for the bullies themselves. It helps.

That is my story on how I was bullied by my best friend.

Thank you for reading.