Story 348

Freshmen year, I didn't really know what to expect. New friends? Mean teachers? I dove in head first into a pit we call high school completely unaware of what stupid choices laid ahead. My friends had chose a French immersion school to go to while I took the lazy road to English. I'm not saying English high schools are lazy, I was just given the choice to learn French and backed down.

So after the few past months I met a awesome group of people that took me in as one of there own. I will not name names for later reasons, anyways they invited me to this party that a senior was throwing. Thinking I would gain more friends ( maybe get a boyfriend ) I agreed. See that was my first mistake, agreeing to the party.

Let's just say i made decisions that night that I probably shouldn't have, I don't feel comfortable talking about what it was exactly because some reading this might be under the age of 13. But the thing is I did not know the things I did because I was highly intoxicated, which was my 2nd mistake.

The next couple of weeks were just a mixture of utter confusion, my supposed " friends " had told me they couldn't hang out with me anymore. And everyone would give me nasty looks every time I walked down the hall, it wasn't until a girl I'd never seen before had pulled me into the washroom beating me senseless. Her rings caught my skin in a bloody mess as she clawed at my face, all I could do was scream unable to get her off. I can still remember the blur of blood and tears stinging my eyes, the feel of skin tearing.

I had been told that after i passed out I was found by our math teacher than quickly rushed to the hospital. The attack had damaged my face so bad that the police were forced to get involved, apparently someone had taped my bad decisions and sent it to several people. And the girl was the girlfriend of the guy I made bad decisions with, soon after I healed I switched schools in fear of getting attacked again.

Though that didn't help much, to this day I am made fun of because of the scars on my face. Reminding me of that one night where I had lost everything, my parents trust, my friends, my dignity. Every day I stayed confined in my room crying to myself, I couldn't sleep because every time I did the same voice would repeat " it's all your fault " over and over. I had covered the mirrors in the house in order not obsess over my looks, I thought no one could ever love someone with a face like me.

Suicide had crossed my mind every single day, why exist in a world that didn't like you? Let alone love. But I finally managed to do something right and decided to fight and live. I am now currently engaged to a loving husband that I had met in college. He was my night in shining armour. The point is you don't know what the future holds for you, wait and find out. <3