Submission 1062

I guess you could say I was bullied. It was verbal but being the emotionally sensitive girl that I am it hurt.

I was bullied on and off from the age of 8 to around 13. My bully was my ex-friend. I sort of idolised her I guess. I can't remember exactly what changed but I remember her (the bully) and another friend ignore me and when I tried to talk to them they would tease me.

As I said it was on and off as by the age of 10 it stopped for nearly two years. Then it started again.

Remember the bully? Well her mum and my mum are best friends. And we go to the same secondary school. And we share the same ride to and from school. Fun, right?

Well the bully spread rumours about me to my "friends"(which I found out later were fake and cruel). She said that I bullied her and other lies I have thankfully forgotten.

Though I never cut myself I was depressed. I dreamt every night of different ways to die. Each resulting in me crying myself to sleep. Every night for nearly a year.

The first time the bullying stopped my parents stepped in. This time I distanced myself frim everyone. Spending all my time in the library watching their stares as I walked past the people I thought qere my friends.

However one day this tom-boy approached me asking me if I would sit with her and her friend at lunch. I said yes and that was the first time in a long time that I opened myself up to them. They weren't complete strangers as they qere friends with one of her friends that was nice to me.

Two years later and I'm happy with amazing friends.

ADVICE: I know how when you are bullied, emotionally or physically, you feel trapped and my alerting someone of your pain you feel weak or a disappiontment. Well your not. Bullies are horrible. What they do to you are wrong. And they shouldn't go scotfree. Tell someone. A friend, a teacher. You don't have to go into specifics just tell someone you trust. Because believe me you feel ten times better afterwards when you have dealt with bullies. Because the pain stops.