Submission 878

So here is my bullying story:

My name is Harriet, I was 14 when it started and I live with my mum and step dad and little brother who was 9. I started a new school as we needed to move because of my step dad's work. I was very upset and didn't want to move away from my two best friends. So when I started the new school everything was going ok. But then on just my second week of school, I come home to my mum and brother on the sofa and my brother had a black eye, of course I was furious so I asked him who done it. He told me and I knew that the boy who done it had an older sister in my year.

I went up to her the next day and confronted her to tell her brother to leave mine alone. She was a lot taller than me and a lot more intimidating. She completely ignored what I said and just walked away from me. I assumed that was a good thing but I was very wrong. I had made a new friend in school, he was in my drama class and was very supportive and helpful. He lived with his mum and dad and little sister. He told me I shouldn't have confronted this girl as she wasn't nice but I wasn't that bothered. Not much happened in the next month. My brother was ok now and me and my friend were very close. I told him a lot of secrets and one being that I am bisexual. He was not bothered by it and took it very well.

But, on my way home I notice that the girl I confronted was following me. She'd never done so before, I simply shrugged it off. That was until she cut me off and stopped in my path. She was directly in front of me "move." I said, she pushed me to the ground. I was in shock mostly. Not too hurt. She then grabbed me by the throat and said "tell anyone about this and I will never let you forget it." I felt very scared and threaten and did not want to tell anyone. So I didn't.

During this time, there was a party at this girls house. I was invited because she was in my English class and thought I was quite a nice person. I later asked my friend at lunch if he was invited, he said he knew nothing about it but wasn't that fussed anyway as parties weren't for him. The party was on Saturday and it was now Thursday afternoon. I invited my friend round and decided to tell him what happened with me and the girl on the way home the other day. He was very upset and said that maybe I shouldn't go to the party just in case she is there. I told him not to worry but I should've listened to him.

Saturday night came and my step dad drove me to the girls house. She invited me in and told me I was the first here. I took no notice of it. Until the 'bully' as she now was came from upstairs and some boys who I vaguely knew they pinned me to the ground and decided to kick me and punch me. I called my step dad and told him I'll be staying at my friends tonight. I went to his and was in tears as I limped in to his house. He realised what happened and got me cleaned up. "This is super serious Harriet" is what he kept saying but I told him I wouldn't tell anyone. I then started getting nasty Facebook messages as I was sitting with him. This made me more upset. I was only sticking up for my brother, why is that so bad.

But one message caught my eye from the bully. It read "greedy bi freak." I confronted my friend asking if he'd told them that. He denied it. The only other people who knew were my friends back home. Who would I trust now?

I decided to believe me friend who I was with. But still had no clue how the bully would've known.

A week passed from the party. My mum and step dad were going away on holiday for a week. They told me to take care of my brother but he was always out with his new friends anyway. I found out that the bully had been doing her research and had found out my old friends. Who she'd been talking too and they told her all my secrets. She knew everything. My old friend Sent me the screenshots. There was everything. What my biological dad had done and why he left and all my details. I was mortified. I rang my friend crying and he told me to stay calm and he is coming over.

I couldn't wait for him. I was in so much pain and from all the abusive messages telling me to kill myself and telling me how disgusting I am. I decided I'd give them what they wanted. It was a Sunday afternoon and I was alone in the house. I went to the medicine cupboard and took out some pills. I had no clue what they were. My parents would be back on Tuesday and my brother would be back home in about 3 hours. My friend however, would be about 10 minutes. I didn't know what to do. I was panicking so much I accidentally spilt the pills everywhere. I decided to take a kitchen knife. Then I heard my phone ring, it was my friend, I declined the call only to see my lock screen full of awful messages. I pressed the knife too my arm and cut once down my arm but stopped half way ish. I regret it now, but at the time I didn't. I was about to cut again when my door opened and my friend walked in. From the door I could be seen on the floor in the kitchen surrounded by pills and blood. He ran in and took away the knife. From being under so much stress and having a panic attack. I fainted. Only to wake up with the police round. My mum and step dad home early, and my friend and brother by my side.

The bully had been excluded from school and the police told me that the bullying was going to stop and if I would've told someone it would've stopped sooner. I remember the police officer telling me that I was lucky to have my friend as a friend and that I should get some sleep.

Although this was a very sad story, the bullying did stop and I am now very happy, the bullying lasted about 2 and a bit months. It's been one year now. I'm happy to say that school is great and my friend, is now my boyfriend, and I couldn't be happier.