Story 228

It happened about two years ago when I had just started sixth grade. There had been two other girls, my age, who had gone to a Catholic school with me from kindergarten to fourth grade, and I had ended up switching to public school for fifth grade, where I found myself missing my two friends. Now, they weren't always bullies. I kind of like to believe something made them that way, I kind of like to hope they didn't just become mean. But I guess I'll never know. Throughout the school year, they slowly began to bully me, under the facade of being my "friends". Something made it hard for me to get away from them, they'd always been kind, but lately, they'd snap, they'd lie, they'd send me into small panic attacks for no reason. And they would say really weird stuff to upset me. The event that stands out most vividly is when they told me a kid, elementary age, had been stabbed at the school across the street. I remember that that moment was when I knew something had become off-putting about them.. and I became leery of their presence. I began to worry about their gruesome lies.. and I started fearing they might hurt me if I didn't get away from them. They were average people, mind you, nothing seemed off about them, they had decent families, we had been schooled in a good environment. It slowly came to the point where I was sick to my stomach every time I would see them for some reason.. I had headaches and nervous break downs. I had to go out of my way to avoid their presence. It was frightening. I feared more and more that they could harm me, in ways other than words.. It may have taken me a while, but with the help of my better judgement, my parents and family, teachers, and guidance counselors- I realized that they were not my friends, but bullies. To me, their story is testament that not everyone is really who you think they are.. at all.