Story 164

The summer before 6th grade, before my first year of middle school was when my bullying started. A very close family member used to be a cop and he was caught stealing drugs from evidence and using them. Then when they talked to me, they said the reason behind it was when they had a dream about the first car accident they went to. But instead of seeing the kid in thd backseat they saw me. And apparently this triggered their PTSD. When my close family member was first convicted of the crime, they were forced to resign and, then they lost their job obviously. This was all over the news and soon all my friends were texting me. At first they were very supportive, and then they were scared of me and my family. A couple months later when the family member served his time in jail I was so scared and alone and I had no friends to turn to. This was really hard on the first day of school, because I was in this big new place and had nobody by my side. Soon kids started to see me as vulnerable and would make jokes about my family being crack-heads, or druggies. This teasing went on for the whole year and still happens to this day. Now, whenever my friends want to get together we can't hang out at my house, and certain people aren't allowed to hang out with me so usually they just leave me out. They don't care about me. Nobody does. And it's starting to really bother me.