Story 338

My bullying story is still very hard for me to talk about but I am older now (21) and thought I'd share it and maybe help younger girls going through the same issues. I was bullied by many people.. close friends, random people who whispered under their breaths, and even teachers because I looked different. It first started when I was in 7th grade, I was always thin growing up and was under developed compared to other girls. Many people called me digusting, sickly to look at, and most used "anorexic". In today's world this word is taken very seriously and it is demeaning. Kids would shout at me in the hallways and across class rooms and ask "how much do you weigh?", "do you ever eat?" And at lunch time it was the worst, I felt like I was being watched to see if I ate anything.

Then 8th grade year started and I still looked the same and people surely noticed and the taunting began again. I never told anyone, not even my parents because I was ashamed by the way I looked. I began pretending to be sick everyday to get out of going to school. I worried my parents sick by faking illnesses and not even wanting to get out of bed.

After numerous doctor vistits, none found anything wrong with me... if only they looked closer :/

My parents then took me to a therapist because I eventually stopped eating. Those kids voices stayed with me replaying over and over how horrible I was to look at, and how anorexic I was. So I decided they were right and succumbed to it.

I was in 8th grade and weighed 65 pounds... I was slowly killing myself. I was sent away to a treatment facility 3 hours away from my family and was force fed everyday for four months.

I came back home, and no one had known where I went to... I was embarrassed but I realized I had let the bullies win and take control of my life!

I would not wish my expierence on anyone, but it did teach me valueable lessons. How you see yourself is what really matters, not everyone looks the same and that's what makes each and every one of you magnificent. And if anyone is going through this situation, just remember you are better than those bullies. Do not let them belittle you and get you down, talk to someone, get help!

Thanks for taking the time to read this also :)