Submission 905

It started when I was in Year 3, at a public school. My friends were mainly boys because we always played footy at lunch and stuff. Anyway, all was going good, until I moved up into Year 4. My class was allocated the meanest teacher, the teacher that everyone hated. Obviously I'm not going to put a name to her.

Now you see, at the time, I had a little ear infection, which obviously affected my hearing. This teacher knew all about it, but she still put me right up at the back of the classroom. Near the end of the class, she came up to look at all of our work. Of course, I didn't know how to do it because I couldn't hear when she explained it. She scolded me and kept me in at lunch, where she basically talked crap about me for 40 minutes, to the point where I was crying. She victimised me in class until my parents moved me to a private school and filed a lawsuit against the school, which they lost.

The next few years went well, we moved to Thailand for 14 months and then back to Australia, this time to a different town. I was put into a snobby private school, because my parents didn't want to risk putting me in a public school because of my first experience with that mean teacher.

I was at the private school from Year 6 through to Year 7, where I started going through some twelve year old 'emo' phase. It started with little drawings of 'Slenderman' in my schoolbooks and enjoying playing with scissors and that crap. A lot of people ditched me that year. It was just where the cliques were starting to form. I was down to two friends, friend1 and friend2. Friend1 was also going through some sort of emo phase too, so we became quite good friends. Friend2 wasn't like friend1 and they hated each other, but I managed to stay friends with both boys.

This is where the bullying began. The emo phase was beginning to get boring; I no longer found it amusing when people called me weird.

There was this main clique, I guess you could call them the popular kids. They were mainly the ones that called me names. And I started to despise them, a lot. They'd accuse me of being a slut because I was friends with friend1 and friend2. I found a bunch of jelly and other messy food in my school bag one day, and no one owned up to it.

Eventually, one day, I got expelled for assaulting one of the girls after P.E.

My parents had no choice but to put me in a public school. I was dreading it, but on the first day, I made a friend who treated me nicely. She introduced me to her friends, and I fitted in amazingly well. We're really close right now, though there is a lot a drama sometimes.

I'm sorry about this being so long, I didn't mean for it to be this long.

ADVICE: Sometimes the ideal friends are the ones that you least suspect!