Story 69

What type of bullying did you experience (cyberbullying, teasing, name calling, physical altercations, etc.)? 

I experienced cyberbullying, teasing, name calling and physical bullying.

How old were you when the bullying started? 

I was 9 years old and it carried on until I was 11 years old.

Who bullied you (please be vague by using terms such as old friend, classmate, neighbor, etc.)? 

I was bullied by classmates; it was usually the same three bullies, sometimes another would tag along.

How did you feel while you were being bullied? 

I felt alone and I wished I didn't deserve to be treated like that whilst I was bullied. I never did anything to them so why were they doing that to me? I fell out with my friend several times because of it.

How did you feel after being bullied? 

I felt a lot more stronger after I was bullied because I learned to stand up for myself and defend myself plus my friend.

Have you told anyone you know that you were bullied? 

I told my mum, my teacher plus other teachers and the headteacher of my primary school. The police were also involved.

Why/why not? 

They needed to know the situation and if a blind eye was turned to it, it wouldn't have been dealt with nor would the bullies have received the punishment they deserved.

How long were you bullied for? 

I was bullied for 2 years.

Are you still being bullied?

I am not still being bullied but I have occasionally been teased; I have defended myself which has stopped those that teased me to carry on. Even though I have stopped being bullied I feel weak again, and not as strong as I was during the time that I was bullied.