Submission 1034

So, where do I start. I know, kindergarten. Around the time I started school, my father was sent to jail. I won't say what for, but it happened. So I was a quket kid. Didn't talk much, hell, I still don't. So that year went by, I , still young, looked up to my father. I still actually do. He isn't a terrible person he just made mistakes.

Anyway, first grade, my dad still in jail, was an interesting year. I made a friend. But she was a girl. Now, I hung out with her every sefond of every moment I could. Kids started calling me a girl. I took it lightly. I thought they were joking until theygot pink markers and drew all over me. They got suspended and I cried. A lot.

I remember telling my dad and him being protective of me, him telling my mom she should move me to a new school. Now, they split up after my dad was sent to jail, and they didn't agree on anything. She didn't want to move me. So I stayed. Next year rolls around and I'm still friends with this girl. I still get bullied and she defends me.

Third grade, my mom starts dating. I am still getting eaten alive at school but she's caught up with her boyfriend. I don't tell anyone about the bullying. This continues until 5th grade.

My mom gets remarried and the guy she's with has an older son. He is 3 years older than me. My dad, as I start 6th grade, is out of prison. I regularly see him. My step-dad hates him, as he is a, you guessed it, a detective for the local police station. They constantly bicker. While they fight, my step brother becomes a bully too. He's always calling me names. The bullying at school doesn't calm down. It starts to get physical in middle school.

I remember this one specific incident with the regular bullies and some oth graders. In the boys locker room, we had a substitute and she wss female. She couldn't enter. After p.e. we have lunch so we don't have to rush getting dressed. The teacher's already left, as they usually do, and the boys are left. An 8th grader walked behind me and violently shoved me to the wall of lockers. I stand their, facing the lockers and they close my own locker on me. The back of my neck having been scratched by the door, starts bleeding. They turn me around. He looks at me and laughs. He punches me in the stomach and I fall to my knees.

Now, the kids in my grade started a rumor that I'm gay. I am. I just never confirmed it. So, that day was traumatic as I can say that they sexually harrased me. They made me do things. No one noticed we were even still there. I was 12.

I began having nightmares. My step brother began calling me more names and he occasionally became violent but my step dad always said, "let them be boys." My dad and that girl were my only friends.

I am currently 13. It's been almost a year since it happened. This year, it's gotten progressively worse as I have bruises constantly. Memories of that day still haunting me. But I still had my friend. But then I come to find out she's fake.

I came out to my parents. My dad supporting me. My mom and step dad saying I'm too young to know. My step-brother bombarding me with insults. I told my friend a few days ago as I write. I found out she tells everyone at school. Now they know for sure I'm gay.

I have practically nobody. I have a dad who I see once every 2 weeks and a dog. But you know what, I'm proud of myself. I've never self harmed. Ive never went through with certain plans of suicide. I haven't given up, and I won't.

But good god, it's going to be tough.