Submission 847

Hi, I'm another victim, there's millions of us, some don't even realise we are victims, but this is my story.

I moved to my third school in year 3, I got the choice of the fairy table or the dinosaurs, so of course I chose the dinosaurs but I didn't realise these tables where very gender specific.

I was called a boy for ages, they said I had a dick, I had no friends then one day a girl talked to me.

I was so happy that I didn't question it, I kept talking with her for around a week before she decided to join the crowd.

She grabbed me by the hair and would smash my face against a tree screaming "if you look like a tree then you should love the tree!" (I was tall) this lead to lack of confidence and many bruises where I got my most common lie "I'm clumsy".

The first day this happened I ran out of school crying, I packed a bag at home and ran away because I was disgusted in myself, my da almost hit me with his car while trying to find me later that night and never asked why.

At the end of year 5 I moved schools again, this time I did gain an actual friend, only I didn't want to be her friend, I wanted something more.

I had no idea girls could like girls, I thought I was a freak of nature.

Anyway this girl had 2 other close friends who didn't like me at all, they warned me stay away from her, but I refused.

This lead to extreme physical and mental bullying.

black eyes, bleeding noses and purple ribs were part of everyday life now.

Self harm, depression, anxiety, anorexia, insomnia , sleep disorder and the possibility of schizophrenia were my new descriptions.

They told me to kill myself so many times, and eventually I tried, 3 times in year 6.

High school was different though, my friend left me, more interested in boys then me, and eventually my bullies grew bored and found it too difficult to not draw attention.

2 years have passed yet i still wake screaming over another nightmare based around them

I still stare at the scars they gave me and the ones I continue to give myself in disgust.

I still cringe everytime I look in a mirror and wonder how they see anything but the disgusting broken girl I see.

I still wait for them to finish what they started, to finally crush the final piece of my soul.

Bullying ends, but the pain doesn't, we just learn to accept it.