Story 103

I got my first taste of bullying when I was eight. Because I had a chronic illness, I was short for my age. I wore these large glasses and I loved to read.

My seat was next to this bad kid. You know, those types your parents try to keep you away from? For nearly a whole year, he would throw these insults to my face. I was one of those shy kids that didn't speak up. My mum was the first to find out. I came back from a particularly bad day when I asked my mum.

"Can I move schools?"

"Why?"

I burst into tears and told my mum about what happened. The next day, my mum came to school with me and told my teacher. The bully never bothered me again.

When I was nine it all came back. This girl was worse though. She had this way of messing with my emotions and could leave me crying. Eventually, my parents found out and bully 2 never bothered me again.

I was cyber bullied my best friend.

I was eleven years old. I was in a friendship group, the eight of us but best friend was special. We had a life long friendship that she shattered.

I don't know why she did it. I guess I was the one making new friends and she was jealous.

My friend told me one day that best friend had been saying things behind my back. It was a sign that our friendship was cracking.

It was that one message and I printed it and sent it to a teacher.

My group were so supportive.

When I moved into secondary school, it was pain. I was separated from my group and seeing my ex best friend would rip my heart out.

Eventually I settled though. Nowadays I don't take people's poop. The little girl who loved to read could now fight back.