Submission 1089

I have been bullied since 6th class (probably 6th grade) but I never took it too seriously like self harm or anything. But when I entered 1st year (High school) and there were loads of different people that I never saw before. I decided to hang around some of my old school friends until I found new friends. Things were okay for a while until my behaviour started to change due to peer pressure. I was being rude and cheeky to teachers, mostly my music teacher. And as a teacher's job, he took me to the guidance counsellor because my behaviour wasn't normal for a good student. I couldn't tell the counsellor what was going on so I wrote it down instead. I entered 2nd Year. It was pretty hard, I was already founding myself unhappy and upset over the smallest of things. I even stopped doing homework and studying. One day my friends and I had a big row. The fight was so bad I even wanted to commit suicide. I tried to do it but failed cause one of the girls found me. My friends and the guidance counsellor all came together to talk about this row, including one of my closest friends who was a year above me (3rd year). She was there because she was concerned about my mental health. But she wasn't. Straight away she told a girl that attended a different school altogether. She started calling me 'weird' 'crazy' etc. I texted her and told her she was being mean and that I never wanted to talk to her again. But she took it differently. She showed everyone the text messages and not the ones she sent me (which were like; "at least I'm not the mental one" or "suicidal one") and told everyone I was bullying her. My friends, and even my closet friends, are all against me, along with all my year and the year above me. I now battle with depression, anxiety and self harm. But I know (and pray!) that things will look up soon.

Stay Strong xx

ADVICE: When you know you are getting bullied, please go straight to a teacher or someone older than you because bullying can be mistaking as something else. And before you know it, you can end up really hurt and lost. Please don't keep quiet xx