Submission 983

I remember being around the age of seven, I was a short, chubby kid with large glasses which barely fit my face. I went to a small school with about three hundred students split into two groups, the younger students and older students. There was a girl two or three years older than me who went to the same school as I did. She was quite tall and thin and, for an eleven year old, was very pretty. She would always comment on my appearance, looking down on me as she was taller than I was, and insult my weight or eyesight. She would grab my glasses, where them and run around the playground, me blindly chasing after her. I was only young so I always thought that she just wanted to be my friend or was complimenting me, it never occurred to me that she was being hurtful. Which I guess is why she would always target me at playtime or even if we saw each other outside of school. She didn't have all her friends insult me either, it was just her and her mean words.

Then, one day, outside of school at the local leisure centre there was a fun day. There was a ball pit and adventurous bouncy castle which I went into. It was quite large and had mini obstacles to pass. As I went inside the bouncy castle, my parents waiting outside, I came across the girl who would always bully me. I remember her towering over me and then pushing me over, laughing as I uncontrollably bounced for a while. She then ran away, taking my glasses which fell off my face and then I had to follow her, tripping here and there and getting out of breath straight after.

I didn't get my glasses back until after the bouncy castle chase, when I went to tell my parents what happened but before I could, the same girl came up to me and gave me my glasses, plastering a sickening sweet fake smile on her face and telling me I must have dropped them. She then walked off and I noticed a large scratch on one of the lenses. Glasses weren't cheap so my parents found out and gave me a long lecture on responsibility before I had to use my old glasses for a while until my new ones arrived.

This was my last time seeing this girl at a young age as she left school and I stayed behind. But now, at my first year of college, she studies in my same classes and seems not to have forgotten the past. Even now she still finds time to laugh at me, say some rude comments and hurt my feelings. It goes to show that rude people never grow up, they always stay into the past and never look to the future. But I can handle myself, as I've grown up, and this girl clearly hasn't.